Trump administration gave coronavirus bailout money to private jet companies of Trump donors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/20/trump-administration-gave-coro.html

3 Likes

too bad there isn’t some kind of oversight on this.

16 Likes

Trump: I’ll be the oversight
Non-idiots: Yes that’s exactly the problem

20 Likes

Damnit, that’s not my private jet’s company! How long must I suffer!?

13 Likes

I hate to be that guy, but this is two companies out of 96 recipients. How many US air travel companies are there in general? I suspect you’d run out of non-GOP-donor-owned companies pretty quickly.

Edit: I totally missed the last paragraph where no other private jet companies got anywhere near as much. My bad and thanks to @aidtopia for pointing it out. Clear corruption is clear (provided you’re not dumb and read the whole article -_-’).

3 Likes

Knowing Trump, it’s shocking to see him actually take action after taking someone’s money.

I’d just assume he’d keep it all, do whatever he wanted, and basically just believe that anyone giving away money for free was a loser who didn’t deserve his friendship.

Drain that swamp!

3 Likes

“I don’t believe that anybody is above the law. On the other hand, I also have a belief that we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards.”

It’s a funny kind of bipartisanism. Both parties agree that Republicans can do whatever they want.

5 Likes

"Officer, I may have been speeding, I’m not sure, but believe that we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards.”

When we get back in power, its time to put every single one of these mother fuckers in jail.

6 Likes

aside from all the other insanity embedded in this tale, wouldn’t private jets be the ones doing better in these circumstances?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Who the f*** cares if the other 94 recipients are GOP donors or not. The bigger question is why are we handing out $20M gifts to private jet companies when there are 30+ million Americans unemployed? How the hell did the oversight of federal spending disappear in less than one administration’s term and what are we going to do about it? Trump and the GOP are outright stealing from future generations and tanking the economy for decades to come. It’s the fleecing of America right before our eyes. American carnage indeed.

12 Likes

You’re absolutely right, this money should go to struggling people not “struggling” private jet companies.

That said, I’m not addressing the larger problem with my comment, just the particular issue of these two companies. It’s just that I don’t see this as some major corruption to concern ourselves over while there are bigger issues at hand. (Not that it’s particularly unlikely this is a favor, of course)

Edit: rereading this, I suppose I’m getting a bit numb to all the daily bullshit. Maybe just stash this away with the huge pile of other misdeeds for Nuremberg 2 and worry about bigger things right now. :confused:

Edit 2: see previous comment. I was wrong and this is obviously corrupt. I should read better.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but this is two companies out of 96 recipients.

1 Like

Can we just keep impeaching this guy until it sticks? There’s a bottomless well of corruption here.

6 Likes

Impeachment only works if republicans think crimes corruption is bad.

4 Likes

Even so, I think a president being impeached 3-4 times on different, valid charges each time sends a bit of a message. “At least we fucking tried.”

7 Likes

And in the history books in 2040:

“Donald trump was impeached 5 times, and did whatever he wanted with no consequences. The moral of the story is, the president has ultimate authority and can’t be stopped or held accountable for anything. Hail Hydra.”

12 Likes

Oh wow, I totally missed that. Serves me right for responding too fast. I stand corrected, sorry and thanks!

6 Likes

Appreciate the correction and statement. That’s a solid in my book and an example we all should follow.

9 Likes