Trump administration to begin taking DNA samples from migrants crossing border or in detention for federal criminal database

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/06/trump-administration-to-begin.html

'Rule will require immigration officers to collect cheek swabs from what could amount to hundreds of thousands of people a year ’

4 Likes

This should also be a requirement for anyone in the trump administration.

13 Likes

Next up: Human beings used for medical / science experiments.

If tRump Co. can do this to migrants, what’s to stop them from doing it to us?

8 Likes

Nothing. The abuses of a police state on the vulnerable will inexorably be expanded to encompass all but the ruling party’s connected members. Everyone else is presumed guilty and deprived of liberty, even the smucks who voted for it. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

16 Likes

This story broke my mind and my heart

I have nothing else to say except take this man and send him to the center of the Sun

10 Likes

giphy-1

4 Likes

https://nsa.gov1.info/utah-data-center/

+

+

+

+

=

oh I dunno maybe this

or this

…cancel my subscription to the resurrection…

5 Likes

Fun fact, vaccination costs less than DNA analysis, and would do more to protect people living in the US.

13 Likes

I. Hate. This. Timeline.

13 Likes

If only there was a way to make vaccines more racist…

6 Likes

Careful what you… oh jeez never mind…

2 Likes

With that reasoning, why not put everyone’s DNA into a database right after birth. That would be much more effective. I bet you could even catch some of those ice cream lickers that way.

2 Likes

This will go straight to the courts. 4th amendment.

2 Likes

Nah, that would assume that we are all criminals not just brown people.

1 Like

I guess it is more efficient than tattoos in some ways.

2 Likes

And what makes you think that has ever stopped them in the past. LSD testing on random New Yorkers anyone?

1 Like

What! I missed out, fu#k…

2 Likes

So we magically have the resources to start running tons of DNA tests? (assuming they’re storing data, and not just degradable samples)…

Maybe we use some of those resources running DNA tests on various localities multi-year backlogs of rape test kits?

Nah, swab every brown person in the off chance that someone commits an unspecified crime at a later date…

2 Likes

I can’t overstate this-

This is wrong, and will lead to dna databases for EVERYONE.

Where are all those assholes that are all ready to say “come and get em” when they think the government is coming for their guns? So when its your DNA, you trust the fucks?

Yeah, that’s what I thought, you wannabe cowboy authoritarian booklicking bastards.

Fuck this, harder than anything else Trump has ever done.

1 Like