Trump and his allies have already blown a billion dollars on his reelection

Brad Parscale is laughing so hard he peed his pants. All the way to the Panamanian bank.

6 Likes

All that money did the trick. I’m voting for Trump.

(Not really)

1 Like

While I have no problem believing these people would just throw away $1B on a popularity contest, I think it’s just as likely, as the article implies, that these funds are instead being redirected for when he gets the boot. He’s weathered his own failures before, he’ll doubtless do it again somehow. Because nothing matters, and no one faces consequences. Sigh.

3 Likes

“I used to call him Mr. Potato Head. Now I have to call him Mr. President.”

Bill O’Reilly

You had it right the first time.

5 Likes

I wish I knew how to grift the campaign out of some of that money.

3 Likes

including right here on boing boing, where i’ve been seeing his ads.

1 Like

Yeah - you need to get out of bed and open your curtains first. After that it sort of works.

7 Likes

Those hands are too big! :wink:

3 Likes

Never! It’s been too long since there’s been a good old fashioned defenestration!
defenestration

9 Likes

If I was less ethical, I might start a fake company promising political astroturf on the cheap, created by real conservatives.

I would give as examples of my service real conservative internet trolls, claiming they were on my bankroll. Any new paying customer, I would just go out and dig up more internet trolls who just created social media profiles and claim they were my people.

7 Likes

Well we can hope that they continue to be so ridiculously gratuitously bad at campaigning. Everything they do makes it worse for them.

2 Likes

And those guys are constantly social networking to promote themselves. So even if they were 99.9% sure they had never heard of you before, they’d say nothing in case you were their next golden goose. And even if they did contact you, you could bat them off with a few vague emails with promises of getting back to them.

1 Like

A lot of people will be debagged and defenestrated…"

I’m fine by that.

Spending money like Bloomberg, and getting the same results. Good for him.

1 Like

Television networks are seemingly exempt from conflict of interest laws where political campaigns are concerned.

If a politician doesn’t have a lot of money to throw around, then they won’t be spending as much money with the network, so they don’t give them any/much news coverage either.

Conversely, the Trump campaign -by throwing ad money at the networks- has to be taken seriously by the news branches, no matter how much of an unfunny, sick joke his presidency has been.

OT: Maybe that would get Meal Team Six off their fat asses to protest something other than wearing masks.
BOT: So the Trump campaign must have just given up completely on the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, I have seen zip, zero, nada campaign material on TV. There are the occasional yard and porch signs but other than that zilch.

The real lesson?

Grifters are the biggest suckers.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.