Trump and his allies have already blown a billion dollars on his reelection

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/21/trump-and-his-allies-have-alre.html

4 Likes

Good, make em blow through more cash. The more pain the better if Biden succeeds in november.

18 Likes

Considering the last election in my country, i’m not so sure that both are so wasteful.
It seems that they are just focusing on radicalizing/strengthening the current base and also laying down some infrastructure/common ground to reach more people later with more dubious notices.

3 Likes

Mystery LLCs, Super PACs and Dark Money…

Oh, and outright stealing:

23 Likes

Now correct me if I’m wrong, but knowing Trump as I don’t… I smells me some creative accounting to stock pile some cash to pay the Ruskis to go full “Red Dawn”

#Wolverines

14 Likes

it is way too early in the morning for words like “defenestrated”

9 Likes

I think Rob drinks stronger coffee than most of us.

Spiked with fermented unicorn milk I think.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I did my part. I clicked on all the Trump ads on this site even though I have no pretense of supporting Trump or the republican party.

I click them every time I see them, just to muddy the waters a bit. I also find that when I VPN through Wisconsin or Florida, I get boatloads of Trump ads. Click away, spend that Super PAC money and support this site with no intention of every supporting the man or his party.

14 Likes

One has to wonder, what is in it for them?

1 billion dollars is a lot of dosh for a vanity project, I assume the expected return on investment is out of this world

4 Likes

Where are the billionaires who were running for the Democratic ticket “just to get Trump out of office” when you need them?

12 Likes

Trump is wasting money on public events that people are staying away from in droves, Biden has been taking advantage of video conferencing technology

11 Likes

How about “exsanguinated?” For some reason that word popped in my head while I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning. Although, I WAS shaving.

11 Likes

is it me, or does the piece end in mid-sentence, no punctuation?

1 Like

Maybe it’s just that when you load the screen, it

21 Likes

The return on investment would be to keep Trump out of jail for another four years, which is priceless to him. And think of all his cronies who feel the same about the eventual uncovering of their activities. Not to mention four more years of funneling taxpayer money into his businesses.

14 Likes
4 Likes

Sometimes I take those ad-surveys for covfefe for the same reason. And provide a fake email.

ETA: I always choose the answer I think will mess up their polling the most.

7 Likes

Interesting that it went to McTurtle and not trump. Their Israel motivations changing? or maybe they know who is really President.

2 Likes

It’s not specifically for Mitch, but for the Senate as a whole.

Either the Adelsons have given up on Trump, and think holding the Senate will be best, or Sheldon needs to rest and recharge before he can write another petty cash check for Don.

3 Likes