Trump asks Supreme Court to block release of his tax returns

David Bowie What GIF

10 Likes

I heard…some people are saying…he’s gonna release them in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

I’m having difficulty keeping all this straight…

3 Likes

To paraphrase George Costanza: It’s not a crime if you believe it’s not illegal.

4 Likes

He did, but let’s see if it’s a real delay or just a chance to hear from the entire court.

In the Graham case, we had an answer in 8 calendar days. Not some lengthy stay for a full court hearing with arguments. It’s also important to note that the order denying the request and requiring Graham to testify “There were no dissents recorded from Tuesday’s order.”. Reporting says Graham was supposed to testify by November 17, so that could be no delay at all.

The taxes fight has been going on for 2 years, and it sounds like the full D.C. Circuit ruled just last week.
Waiting another 8 days to get an order from the full court with any concurring or dissenting names doesn’t seem like much in the scheme of things. At least, if they reject Trump’s request it will not seem like much, especially if there are no dissents. Even if there is a dissent, it’ll be something insane. It’s probably a fairly safe bet if they support Trump’s request there will be a fiery and lengthy dissent with several names.

There’s some value in getting a complete court statement instead of just one justice for these.

That it’s been going on for 2 years and the last ruling was just a week ago is the crazy part. I’ll never understand why it takes that long to begin with. If it’s not solved next week, or the ruling is bad then, either of those and I’ll break out the fresh outrage. Until then, it’s the same outrage that’s been simmering for the entire 2 years it has been fought.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.