SCOTUS to hear Trump tax and financial records cases on May 12, remotely

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/15/scotus-to-hear-trump-tax-and-f.html

3 Likes

It’s nice that they are making it seem like it could, but I just can’t imagine it will happen.

10 Likes

Gosh I wonder how Kavanaugh will vote

15 Likes

At least they are still giving the appearance of deliberation… But yeah, we know how this is going to turn out.

4 Likes

It doesn’t take a Kreskin to predict that the outcome will be 5-4 along partisan lines. Trump’s got the decision in the bag.

6 Likes

They need to stand in line for several hours with other potentially infected folks before being allowed to vote, right?

9 Likes

sigh, another 5-4 in his favor that will set precedent and let him say how the supreme court cleared him of everything and it was a perfect tax record

if trump does that “dismiss congress and appoint anyone I want” it’s game over for usa, Biden can just sit in the oval office and spin in his chair for four years, he’ll get about the same done either way after that without the senate

2 Likes

Apparently, just 5 minutes ago during one of his rallies, er, I mean his Covid presser, Trump just said that he wants to close both chambers of Congress for “obstructing” his ability to appoint judges and other positions - which seems to be legal for hime to do for some reason. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ETA: it seems he’s just raging because he can’t make recess appointments while congress is out and only performing pro forma sessions which prohibit this

ps sorry for diverting the thread.

And I used to think that the Red Army went too far when dealing with the Czar and his family.

1 Like

But… but… when Obama… (ugh, I can’t even anymore…)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.