Judge rejects Trump’s newest attempt to hide tax returns from Manhattan DA

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/20/judge-rejects-trumps-newest.html

12 Likes

Well, then . . . now they’ll get them.

13 Likes

When President Biden takes office.

30 Likes

I wish I could like this reply more than once. I guess that would be reply-fraud, though.

20 Likes

How many appeals does he get? Who’s picking up the bill?

13 Likes

Some insider who has access to these records just needs to drop a dime on it already and leak them in full to a half-dozen journalists

25 Likes

no doubt he’ll squirm, but karma is closing in.

7 Likes

With this and the SDNY going after Bannon I fully expect donny smallhands to launch a war on Iran or something, time to wag that dog. Seriously though, big ups to SDNY, they are relentless and they will get the orange bastard before all is said and done.

13 Likes

Imagine if after all this wrangling the full docs actually come out in September or October. If they’d been out in the public eye a while team Drumpf might have had more ability to spin whatever horrors lurk in the records, as an October surprise not so much.

Is there such a thing as a Pyrrhic defeat?

4 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Trump fundraising

This and Steve Bannon et al being indicted will make for an interesting Republican Convention.

And I’m sure Biden is busy rewriting his speech today.

15 Likes

It will go to the second circuit and then the SC who can decide to take it or defer. Of course the taxpayers are footing the bill here. Trump’s team can then file another lawsuit on another technicality and away we go again.

9 Likes

It’s less about how many appeals he gets, than that he keeps filing new challenges and sending them through the chain again.

It’s old school sketchy business lawyerin. Tie shit up till the other guy goes broke. It’s more of a delay tactic than anything else.

7 Likes

Of course, the Federal Government does not run out of money or lawyers, or get tired and decide to cut their losses.

6 Likes

And it’s working. He will potentially tie this up through November. Not that his die-hard fanatics will be swayed by anything as complicated as sketchy tax returns when recorded documentation of proven lies haven’t persuaded them.

5 Likes

That’s the truth. Best we can hope for as far as his base goes is to demotivate them and get them to stay home. They will never come over to the light side. We need to stay motivated and get our voices heard over all the suppression that will be deployed to keep us quiet.

14 Likes

@xeni the comments link to your Air BnB story takes me right back to the main BB page. This has been happening frequently this week. Somebody else comments about it in another thread.

5 Likes

Yup. That’s why delay tactic. Keep shit from coming out long enough that it can’t impact the election. At a minimum, more dangerously keep shit from coming out long enough to undermine shit till there can’t be any consequences if it does. Or he can make it criminal to get it out there.

Which won’t matter if he doesn’t win the election. Criminal shit comes out after he’s out of office and he just gets charged rather than having more avenues for delay.

A lot of this shit with Trump is about self preservation. Staying in office is the only conceivable way he runs out the clock.

5 Likes

And when Trump simply refuses to cooperate and provide the documents…

1 Like

Orange Ozymandiaz appealed within an hour of the ruling. He’ll drag and stall and delay and file meaningless motions to avoid turning anything over before the election.

3 Likes