Judge rejects Trump’s newest attempt to hide tax returns from Manhattan DA

It’s spelled “Kamala”.

15 Likes

Yes! This is what I anticipate.

9 Likes

Referring such things to @orenwolf is more likely to get things fixed. It think it is a bug related to how the author uploads (they are aware of it) but I cannot remember exactly what was said.

4 Likes

ron-paul

2 Likes

ill believe it when it happens. They should have been released to the grand jury immediately after the supreme court ruling. and here we still are. Money combined with his nixon-power (“if the president does it its not illegal”) seems to be able buy infinite delays in court.

3 Likes

The SC gave them an opportunity to amend the complaint, they failed to do so, and so the Appeals Court will likely allow the lower court order to stand and the SC is unlikely to grant cent. The appeals court also doesn’t have to grant a stay of the order pending appeal, nor does the SC have to intervene if a stay isn’t granted.

5 Likes

Back to the cognitive dissonance that is supporting this guy. As the cops say, why would he put so much effort into this if he’s got nothing to hide?

4 Likes

With apologies to Prince…

Donnie go to Russia before it’s too late
Before it’s too late
Before it’s too late
Donnie go to Russia before it’s too late
Before they read your tax returns…♪

You can go to the zoo, but you shouldn’t feed guerrillas
shouldn’t feed guerrillas
Right-wing guerrillas
You can go to the zoo, but you shouldn’t feed guerrillas
Who want to blow up the world…♪

Tonight on Unsolved Mysteries…
How much is President Donald John Trump really worth?

2 Likes

That’s the thing. Part of his woowoo is having convinced everyone he is a wizard businessman. If his tax returns show he is basically insolvent, a half billion in debt and hasn’t payed taxes in 20 years…

… they’ll probably still vote for him. It will hurt and embarrass him though, so there’s that.

6 Likes

I have to believe that if I worked somewhere that had these records I would leak them, and risk prison and personal destruction over it.

Some things are bigger than any one person’s well-being.

Of course, it’s more likely I would chicken out. It’s easy to say what you’d do, until it’s time to do it, I guess.

3 Likes

It could be partly because of familiarity with the material. I think someone said there’s like a thousand pages of it, or something. To dump it effectively you’d have to know what you were looking for, I guess.

1 Like

what was that you were saying? Again, I would hope that he is forced to release the financial information, but I’ll believe it when it happens. Trump seems to believe the rules do not apply to him. Like how many times have we all said “but he can’t do that” right before watching him do exactly that thing?

2 Likes

I would take that for granted. In this age when political support has been turned into fanboyism (because an idea can be changed, a faith cannot), supporters never change their mind; they identify themselves with the politician they support to the point that, extreme crimes aside, they would justify or plain deny anything and still support him.
Attempting to conquer his hard supporters is a lost battle; I’d rather direct the efforts on the undecided and generally people that haven’t yet been brainwashed into becoming adepts.

1 Like

Yup. Both the district court and appeals court refused the motions to stay. Because the first appellate hearing is after when the subpoena will be enforced, the stalling tactics are effectively over and the grand jury will get the documents.

1 Like

OK, thanks. @orenwolf, both the Alexei Navalny evac story & the USPS voter website story have comments links that lead back to the main page. These were apparently both uploaded by @xeni so…

Thanks, we’re aware and we’re on it.

5 Likes

And once something is faith-locked in place as true, then everything else that disproves it, no matter how extreme, must be a lie.

3 Likes

All Hail the Great and Glorious @orenwolf

heck @anon14491400 I’d take a minimum wage earner President over one who doesn’t keep America’s interests in mind.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.