Trump bizarrely orders halt to W.H.O. funding amid coronavirus pandemic

I had the same thought. But, still. Ugh.

1 Like

United States Constitution
Article 1, Section 8

“ The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Impostsand Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;”

Sorry Donnie - spending is the power of the Congress.

20 Likes

I Can See For Miles that Substitute President Trump, or better known by My Generation as Baba O’Riley, ain’t no Pinball Wizard.

Ask yourself, Who Are You, and Join Together to form a Eminence Front so we Won’t Get Fooled Again.

12 Likes

Clearly, this is just a precursor to his next announcement:

31 Likes

You sir deserve another whiskey for that one! :smile:

7 Likes

At the very least, a Pappy for your mantle!

2 Likes

In The Stand there was a tiny little sub-plot that was given maybe a paragraph, yet it chilled my blood. The US didn’t want to be disadvantaged on the world stage by its own creation, so it sent agents abroad to spread captain tripps to other countries, as a way to cover “our” tracks.

What Trump is trying to do here-while the crisis is in full swing- seems tantamount to deliberately prolonging the misery.

13 Likes

What’s the wrong thing to do at any given moment? Trump will invariably do that.

13 Likes

Good hell, Fred Trump really did a number on this fucker.

7 Likes

I see, so not content to let Americans die through his negligent inaction, he’s decided to move on to letting non-Americans die through is negligent action, as part of a transparent ploy to deflect blame for his negligent inaction? Swell.

Y’all need to get rid of this batshit motherfucker. Not in November, like now.

9 Likes

Is anyone seeing any kind of pattern to Trump’s trawling for scapegoats? Usually it’s The Media, Democrats, Obama… what am I missing? Should we make some kind of bingo card to go along with it?

5 Likes

So who is going to set up the gofundme for WHO?

9 Likes

He seems intent on evaporating any remaining institutional power and goodwill the US once held on the world stage.

14 Likes

https://www.who.int/about/finances-accountability/funding/revised-2019-invoice/en/

Notice of Assessment for the Biennium 2020-2021

United States of America

Due on 1 January 2020 : $57,883,460.00

Trump is trying to stop ~$58 million to the WHO. While US banks will see $350 B as in Billion dollar bailout.

13 Likes

When are the free countries of the world going to band together and declare a unified front to stop Trump? It’s about time.

7 Likes

Spending to pay for debts is up to Congress. Money to the WHO is a totally voluntary payment made under the conditions of a treaty and as such it is under the discretion of the Executive branch.

6 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, the USA has a stupid, petty, vindictive, childish psychopath in the White House. How many times do we have to see the proof?

4 Likes

W.H.O. was established by Americans would had personal experience with pandemics, and knew that it was better to deal with them world-wide rather than trying to shut the border.

5 Likes
13 Likes

At the time, I doubt that they would have had much luck without American support in the pre-cold war years. (Note “a delegate from the Republic of China”.)

1 Like