"Trump Bucks" websites, offering worthless tokens and tat, taken down

Originally published at: "Trump Bucks" websites, offering worthless tokens and tat, taken down | Boing Boing

6 Likes

After all these years of non-stop grifting, how do these people still have any money left to get scammed out of?

18 Likes

I never would have thought there’d be a new market for people printing Confederate money.

16 Likes

Normally famous people get wildly upset over scams using their names. Given the lack of response from former president Chucklefuck, I would venture that he had a piece of the action with it.

8 Likes

I thought this was basically THE Trump business model

17 Likes

Sad.

Sad that it worked.

And sad that it was taken down.

6 Likes

When asked why he robbed banks, Willie Sutton famously said “Because that’s where the money is”. For grifters in 2023, the MAGAt movement is where the suckers are. See also Faux News, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

19 Likes

Funny thing, Immediately after the Trump Bucks story broke here I got an email from Coon KU Ltd stating: Thanks for your confirmation inv#WB75172 with a .pdf attachment to open. That story stopped me from even attempting to open the .pdf.

Turns out Coon KU is KuCoin, a secure cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to buy, sell, and trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, and 700+ altcoins. I think this may have been an attempt to dump any Trump Bucks they were holding onto. It is also not authorized to do deals in the US so it seems that this email was sent out in desperation to deplete their holdings.

1 Like

The kicker is that all these Trumposphere grifters are… Trumpers. The libertarian “burn it all down” types go around grifting the true believer types. They’re doing to themselves. Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.