Trump campaign has paid $9 million in failed bid to overturn election, including $2.3 million on Kraken lawyers Jenna Ellis, Rudy Giuliani, et al

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/04/trump-campaign-has-paid-9-million-in-failed-bid-to-overturn-election-including-2-3-million-on-kraken-lawyers-jenna-ellis-rudy-giuliani-et-al.html

5 Likes

“Gotta spend money to make money.”

5 Likes

15 Likes

The system working exactly as designed.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather see that money flushed down the drain than handed over to some asshole lawyer, especially one who spreads Qanon bullshit.

4 Likes

Pretty cheap in the grand scheme of world governments.

Can you imagine if he paid perhaps $1 billion and had competent lawyers?

2 Likes

I hope he retains this highly competent and reputable team to defend him from his future legal entanglements.

3 Likes

$9M spent, $207M raised.
Profit of $198M, just since November 3.
Not going to lie, I’m trying to think of my own grift to cash in on the Right’s unique blend of apoplectic rage, paranoia, and reactionary spending.

6 Likes

Spent implies that there was a transfer of funds. Are you sure about that? It seems unlikely.

1 Like

Maybe they released this kind of Kraken https://www.krakenrum.com/.

Mix it up and enjoy a nice Dark ‘n’ Stormy Daniels

I’m pretty sure it’s not his money anyway.

2 Likes

Create an LLC to sell add-on insurance that would reimburse them when the liberal government seizes their guns?

3 Likes

That’s a lot of money to spend on such bad lawyering. You could hire some fresh-out-of-law-school, newly minted and barred lawyer to do a better job in court for so much less.

How much did they clear in kickbacks?

Attempting to burn down democracy seems to be profitable.

All the competent lawyers ran away from this case. They knew that spouting Trump’s lies to judges would have negative repercussions in the long term.

2 Likes

Who do I donate to so that I can further the “Write in ‘Trump’ for the Georgia runoff ,” message? Because I’m really hoping that gets some traction in the Trumper circles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.