“Trust me, I’m the daughter-in-law of Donald Trump,” says woman put in place to ransack RNC

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/27/trust-me-im-the-daughter-in-law-of-donald-trump-says-woman-put-in-place-to-ransack-rnc.html

9 Likes

So many “Oh, wait… you’re serious” GIFs to choose from…

24 Likes

And yet, the only obvious choice is Bender…

15 Likes

I don’t know…

15 Likes

It’s also hard to go wrong with J.K. Simmons.

jk-simmons

20 Likes

I mean…technically she’s not wrong. She said every penny is going to go to causes Republicans care about, and they’ve made it clear - even with their official party platform - that all they care about is Trump. You can bet every penny is going to go to him, so…where’s the lie?

27 Likes

I believe that this is exactly what she meant. I do not think it’s by accident. It is phrased to avoid dealing with the press and some concerned republicans, while winking to the base.

9 Likes

“Trust me”: the classic two words every grifter in history has uttered to their marks. No sympathy for anyone who donates to what is now this rotten family’s piggy bank.

16 Likes

May the RNC be left as financially bankrupted by trump as it is ethically bankrupted

21 Likes

Suckers get what they deserve.

11 Likes

I am here for that and look forward to seeing GQP candidates fail to be elected everywhere this year. :crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

So many times, in so many meetings, I have said “Do you know how many babies are born every year because of ‘trust me’?”

14 Likes

Didn’t FuckFace von Clownstick just have his social media grift/company go SPACtacularly public? He can pay his $454 million bond from some of that cash. Also his E J Carrol judgement. The hush money judgement upcoming… iirc
There are so many crimes to keep track of…

Oh yeah don’t forget the find me 11,870 votes perfect phone call.

He’s gonna lose even bigger this time and cry like a baby just like last time.
This time let’s station a few Bradley fighting vehicles around the capital and have them try that sh!t again…

6 Likes

According to his agreement with the company (I know, I know…), he can’t cash out any of his shares in the Pravda Social SPAC for six months. He’ll try to use them as collateral for loans, but since the share price will plummet like a penny off the Empire State Building in the next couple of weeks a severe discount on their value will no doubt be involved.

Right now the value is being boosted, partly as a Gamestop-like joke meme stock and partly as a souvenir for MAGAts, with speculators riding along. That won’t last, and the fundamentals obviously suck.

11 Likes

The block on him selling any of his assets in the company can be overruled by a vote of the company’s board of directors, which includes - you guessed it - Don jnr.

11 Likes

I do trust her that she is the daughter-in-law of Donald Trump. That tells me how much to trust her on everything else.

9 Likes

I.e. I’m here to assure the MAGAts that every penny is going to Donald Trump.

I’m glad anti-Trump Republicans are making a big deal about this, because at this point no one who dislikes Trump should be contributing anything to the Republican party. I hope it does long term damage to the party. (Though I suppose this is part of why the party is now all-in on Trump becoming dictator - if that doesn’t happen, the party is in big trouble.)

And that’s why Trump is selling wildly overpriced Bibles - so churches can give him roundabout contributions. They can’t legally give him campaign contributions, but they can buy Bibles (from a company that, probably indirectly through a couple shell corporations, is giving money to Trump).

6 Likes

The New York Times analysis found the former president spent more than $90,000 a day on average on legal costs for more than three years — although none of it was paid with his own money, but instead came almost entirely from donations raised as he fought against his 2020 election loss.

I’m wondering how that is even legal.

Yes, but there’s no way Trump Media is “worth” in excess of $4bn. That number is simply whatever the last person paid for a share of the company times the number of outstanding shares, and is only tenuously connected to reality. In particular, if Trump was to dump a significant amount of stock the stock price would presumably plummet.

5 Likes

Get it here at amazOMG

9 Likes

That’s begging the question - it may not be. Trump routinely violates campaign finance laws (he makes an absolute mockery of the laws around PACs, though violations are commonplace in general) and gets away with it. That’s why he gutted the FEC when he took office (so he didn’t even have to pay any fines on his many violations) and the Republican party has blocked their ability to do anything since.

9 Likes