Trump charged with 37 federal crimes

Nauta that’s bovine in Finnish.

13 Likes

PERFECT!!! :star_struck:

11 Likes

I assume that the feds are vastly more interested in the attorneys’ cooperation than their exact degree of guilt; but I’d be curious to know whether there are(either explicitly laid out in some humorless security document or implied by a convention around what ‘diligence’ means) standards that would have applied to the original statement that everything had been returned that would leave them culpable even if Trump and his little helpers were also actively trying to deceive them.

I’ve only been responsible for data custody in much, much, lower stakes contexts; but, even in those, the obvious issues with having to prove a negative around data you did have but aren’t supposed to have anymore demanded some procedures around maintaining inventory of what you have, getting receipts if you return it to an authorized recipient; verifying destruction if you just shred it; at least trying to maintain a chain of custody and access controls such that there aren’t huge mystery gaps in the timeline, and so on.

If they claimed that everything had been returned despite knowing about some stuff that hadn’t that would certainly be the most direct dishonesty possible; but if there’s at least some express or implied minimum-viable procedure then claiming that everything had been returned despite knowing that the number of boxes in that unlocked storage closet seems to fluctuate with the phase of the moon would potentially be almost as much of a lie.

11 Likes

apparently one of his staff took pictures of boxes that had spilled, and texted those pictures to show what happened. the indictment had to redact parts of the photos because classified documents were clearly visible. :exploding_head:

12 Likes

Oh, a Scandinavian loanword (naut in Old Norse = bull)

12 Likes

July 29th 1974 you signed a security agreement that you wouild not transfer classified information to any person or agency.

That’s correct.

And you were told that such a violation could be punishable with prison.

Correct.

Have you in fact violated that agreement?

You Bet.

6 Likes

Yep! That picture is in the indictment

12 Likes

I Feel So Much Better Season 4 GIF by Veep HBO

4 Likes

So when you see nautical do you first think of cows? Maybe that’s why a young whale is called a calf.

6 Likes

I know someone from my previous job who worked for the Trump organization as a building staffer/doorman/security for years and years. Lots of time at the Plaza Hotel when it was a Trump property. (He’s also the guy in uniform operating the elevator that takes fired contestants down to street level in many/most seasons of The Apprentice.) In a different world I could imagine J___ having stayed with Trump and ending up being the guy ensnared in this instead of Nauta. I’m glad he got out!

13 Likes

He hasn’t got much sleep, he’s been busy soaking up all the conspiracy theories and reposting them. Or listening to the Stones.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 07-25-00 Truth Social

3 Likes

I learned Latin long before Old Norse, so no, “nautical” is firmly nautical in my mind.

6 Likes

Trump possibly being taken down because of Kid Rock’s big mouth is a thing of pure poetry

Among the 44-page historical indictment listing the 37 felony counts against Trump was a section that caught the eye of multiple Twitter users. “In August or September 2021, at The Bedminster Club, Trump showed a representative of his political action committee who did not possess a security clearance a classified map related to a military operation,” the indictment reads, as Twitter users began speculating and connecting the statement to a 2022 interview Kid Rock had with conservative commentator Tucker Carlson.

“We’re looking at maps and s—, and I’m like, ‘Am I supposed to be in on this s—?’ Kid Rock — a longtime and outspoken supporter of Trump — told the Fox News anchor, who broke out into laughter. “I make dirty records sometimes. ‘What do you think we should do about North Korea?’ I’m like, ‘What? I don’t think I’m qualified to answer this.’”

It has not been confirmed that the section of the indictment is in reference to Kid Rock.

15 Likes
1 Like
17 Likes

This is so weird. Why would he have so many? Don’t the documents just stay in some government office because that’s where you do your work? Maybe I’m misunderstanding some fundamental thing about the US presidency, but I don’t understand why that huge number of boxes would be in his tacky house in the first place.

13 Likes

He was banned from twitter
So need something to read on the shitter

10 Likes

Same here, I don’t get it. Or why you’d leave them sitting around in boxes for so long, why not go through them and put them in some nice organized lockable filing cabinets?
The best thing I can come up with for bringing a bunch of documents at all is that maybe you’d want records to refer to when writing a memoir? Or planning your presidential library?
But that would be more like copies of daily schedules and correspondence and other non-classified documents.
Either way, as President, he was thoroughly informed of all the restrictions around having these documents, something the VP doesn’t get. I hope the details of those briefings is part of the court case, proving that he knew what he did was breaking all kinds of laws.

15 Likes

The Bohemian Grove is a super-exclusive club that’s essentially a place for rich, prominent and influential men to go to summer camp together. Members are sometimes allowed to bring guests (whose behavior they need to be responsible for) and I’ve heard reliable reports that several years ago Kid Rock was someone’s guest there and he made such an ass of himself that the member who brought him got suspended from the club for a couple of years, while still being required to pay the substantial club dues.

9 Likes

Original air date: 20 May 2001

Jon Ronson follows conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones as Jones attempts to infiltrate the annual gathering of dignitaries and business leaders (reportedly including George Bush and Henry Kissinger) at the Bohemian Grove. The film includes footage of attendees dressed in robes and burning an effigy at the foot of a giant stone owl. Jones believes that the ceremony is related to occult secret societies. After the event, Ronson meets comedy actor and fellow attendee Harry Shearer who describes the event as a glorified fraternity party. Shearer largely dismisses Jones’s dramatic retelling of the gathering and notes that the music is supplied by the Symphony Orchestra of San Francisco.

4 Likes