Trump commutes sentence of corrupt governor Rod Blagojevich, pardons Giuliani crony Bernard Kerik

He thought it was for security fraud, which is what Trump’s been doing with Russia and Ukraine.

3 Likes

Who are you talking about ?

edit: paramilitary death squads are fucking death squads all the same.

1 Like

Shitbirds of a feather. Agent Orange would pardon Ken Lay if that asshole was still alive. I expect Madoff to hit the streets any day now.

9 Likes

Trump’s been involved in all sorts of tax fraud, bank loan frauds, etc. I’m sure he doesn’t distinguish.

4 Likes

Back when Buttigieg said that in the US we don’t jail outgoing leaders, I immediately thought he must have never been to Illinois. (Which is odd since he lives pretty close.) I assume that part of the this Trump commute is to set a precedent when he himself gets replaced and faces the law.

As for Blogo, in every state where the governor gets to appoint a Senate vacancy, the governor essentially trades the appointment for political advantage. By Illinois standards at least, what Rod did was not all that bad, though of course he did it stupidly: you’re not supposed to get caught bragging about it.

2 Likes

In America? What country do you think you’re talking about? Most people wouldn’t blink if Roof got out.

killer-mike-amerikkka

12 Likes

Much more emphasis on “would like to do / WILL do”. Trump has no empathy. Not even for people who are also white, white-collared, and criminal.

This is all about him conjuring up a haze of pardons / commutations / clemency so that his cronies (and perhaps himself) can “blend in” and also receive pardons (Flynn, Stone et al).

7 Likes

Oh you know those violent leftists, always looking for someone’s freedoms to murder.

8 Likes

King Donald the Vain

1 Like

No, I was thinking more like groups of people who would rove around and perform executions in extreme cases. Not antifa. Something else. And not directed at non-violent criminals. The USA has a history of vigilantism. It’s not unheard of.

And, frankly, if someone took out Dylan Roof for example: that outweighs his “freedoms” or whatever you would want to call it, after he took it from so many.

Well, would you say he’s wrong on that? I think we may have found one thing that he’s right about.

3 Likes

So who besides Rod Blagojevich wanted Rod Blagojevich pardoned?

Nobody.

4 Likes

We used to call them lynch mobs. They were pretty shitty

11 Likes

Yes, this “opposite of anti-fascist” band of roving self-appointed executioners who eschew the court process sounds like just the kind of movement we can be assured will never ever target people unjustly.

10 Likes

I think that’s one from, iirc, Duluth, MN. (Maybe should be blurred? ) So much for lynching being a white Southern thang.

8 Likes

Agreed…

5 Likes

Fair enough. Its grisly stuff.

3 Likes

Oh. Wow. Moon saved Hitler and Stalin through reincarnation. Ok then. That’s ummm, an odd thing to say in Congress. Thanks for the link.

5 Likes

15 Likes

I don’t think it’s a great idea. Easily hijacked for horribleness. I’m just thinking about how this country responds to things. I’d rather the Dylan Roofs get old in prison and not get ‘get out jail free’ cards.