Trump disagrees with every position held by Trump

I have been struggling to find something that you could say to an ardent Trump supporter that would break through.

I guess I’m not really disappointed or shocked that the lowest “morans” of his base will support him no matter what, all they really care about is the red-meat issues like kicking out Mexicans and Muslims, and whatever hypocrisy or lying Donald does is in the service of a greater good, but I’m kind of amazed at the serious conservatives who follow Heritage Foundation dogma word for word-- there should be a lot more of them who vote for Johnson or even Hillary, since so much of Trump’s economic talk is blasphemy, but it seems like they will support the party line no matter what.

1 Like

Thank you for catching that…

1 Like

I assume the point of this is so that when you do one of those “who should I vote for?” tests, you’re guaranteed to 100% match a position Trump has taken at some stage.

2 Likes

Here is a “cheat sheet” for prominent Republicans who are publicly for or against Trump. The best quote is from Norm Coleman (the guy who lost to Al Franken in MN.):

“I won’t vote for Donald Trump because of who he isn’t. He isn’t a Republican. He isn’t a conservative. He isn’t a truth teller…. I also won’t vote for Donald Trump because of who he is. A bigot. A misogynist. A fraud. A bully.”

4 Likes

That’s correct, Trump has ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia

4 Likes

Well how else is he supposed to represent everyone?

3 Likes

As someone who values holding consistent opinions myself, in my case it condenses instead to a kind of generalized existential horror.

But then I was never in danger of becoming a Trump supporter.

4 Likes

I also thought it went on too long. There are enough exact opposites that it could have those and only those, synced up side by side, and subtitled, for a great 30 or 60 second spot.

[quote=“simonize, post:13, topic:82981”]
Trump has ALWAYS been at war with Trump!
[/quote]FTFY :grinning:

4 Likes

Steven Colbert’s bit where he held a Donald vs Trump “debate” was hilarious. The contradictions were blatant. It was very similar to this.

2 Likes

I remember The Daily Show doing the same thing with W before the invasion of Iraq. It may have been Colbert’s idea then too.

I wish the resemblances ended there, but they’re also both born into rich families and only pursued politics after a string of business failures…

1 Like

This is brilliant. Now if only someone would make a similar video showcasing the lies and flip-flops made by the other major-party candidate, the electorate might wake up and realize that it’s not in their interests to vote for either of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.