Trump-endorsed J.D. Vance called Donald Trump "America's Hitler" in leaked text

Originally published at: Trump-endorsed J.D. Vance called Donald Trump "America's Hitler" in leaked text | Boing Boing

8 Likes

The worst part is that these days when news leaks that a Republican likened Trump to Hitler we have to read more of the story to determine if they meant it as a bad thing or a good thing.

61 Likes

“The public deserves to know the magnitude of this guy’s bad faith.”

47 Likes

Over time, Vance went from seeing it as mildly bad (“it’s a shame these stupid white hillbillies flock to this demagogue”) to good (“If he can be their Leader, so can I”). He’ll kiss up to Biff as long as he and his followers keep chipping away at liberal democracy, setting the stage for his potentially taking leadership in in the future. As for Biff, as long as someone is licking his arse now he doesn’t care what they said in the past (see Cruz, Graham, Romney, etc.).

I’d rather not see Vance join Hawley and Cotton in the Senatorial fascist caucus but he has a shot.

33 Likes

His forthcoming book/video/experiential tour “Author to Grifter” will be a sell out.

18 Likes

He is already one.

Once a grifter is in on the grift, it’s all about the personal profiteering.

16 Likes

Vance is paid by his patron Thiel (who has no children and a purchased New Zealand citizenship) to peddle the idea that childless citizens should be stopped from voting, because they are insufficiently committed to America.

It might just be that ‘consistency’ is not a big issue for him.

19 Likes

My initial response was to assume he thought it was a good thing, given his own political statements, which are increasingly fashy. But no, he’s the other type of Republican - the cynical opportunist who looks askance at fascist leaders and policies… but then embraces them to get elected.

Also LOL at the “[we’re] the party of lower-income, lower-education white people… we need to offer them SOMETHING…” Turns out the “something” is racism, homophobia, transphobia and general shittiness, rather than policies that actually help people’s lives.

30 Likes

Recycling the old chestnut:
Q: What do you call someone who supports a fascist, not because they believe in them, but because they think they’ll benefit from them?
A: A fascist.

Remember: on a long enough time line, even his closest collaborators agree that he’s unfit for office; it’s just a matter of when they can no longer personally profit from it.

22 Likes

It’s…kinda on brand for the contemporary Republican Party. “Red meat,” but with zero nutritional value, won’t fill you with anything but rage.

Also, one notes the clear statement of “we are…” vs. - literally! - “those people.”

6 Likes

Trump will probably double down in his endorsement of Vance now.

These days, it’s considered a compliment in the Republican Party.

9 Likes

I prefer the original Hitler.

Because he’s dead.

22 Likes

Hitler was thinner with better hair and probably wasn’t orange. I can’t tell from those black and white WWII photos.

2 Likes

Say whatever you want about Hitler, but at least he killed Hitler

6 Likes

This crap has become so normalized that these GOP candidates and politicians face zero consequences from it any more. Hell, Eric Greitens is running for Senate in Missouri, and on top of his BDSM blackmail that forced him out of the Governor’s mansion a few years ago, he’s added abusing his ex-wife and children, and he’s still probably going to win. I don’t even know what to do about this anymore. Half the country doesn’t seem to care.

5 Likes

And yet Vance lined up behind Trump like the rest of his traitorous party. He can fuck off.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.