Trump-endorsed Michigan state rep candidate Jacky Eubanks proud to have studied the "seminole works of Western Civilization"

Only to be read between one man and one woman within the confines of a marriage reading club.

15 Likes

At this point when a Republican uses the term “Western Civilization” they are dog-whistling, “I am a neo-Nazi who pretends to be educated”

15 Likes

That movie has both a working healthcare system and a president who responded to reason and evidence to deal with a problem.

16 Likes

Egads, you’re right!

But, what do we instead call the U.S. now? Maybe a hyperidiocracy? :thinking:

10 Likes

That’s easy: Kakistocracy. Government by the least competent. Stunning that there actually is a word for that.

10 Likes

Thanks to HBO’s Rome, I learned that “kak” was a common term for :poop:

Though it looks like they used the Greek word because the Latin one has too many syllables to employ as a decent dramatic expletive

4 Likes

I recognize the supreme blessing it was to receive a classical liberal arts education

Umm, I really don’t think she does.

(And - right-winger uses the word ‘liberal’ without irony? Or wanting to ‘own’ it?)

6 Likes

I think the word “classical” is key there. It’s likely meant to imply that humanities education has run amok, thanks to today’s liberals, “the indoctrinating liberal elite.”

8 Likes

Classical as in the late 18th century. You know, reconciling democracy and slavery and stuff.

9 Likes

They’re always trying to own it by jumping on terms liberal-adjacent.

Like “classical liberalism”, which didn’t exist until Friedrich Hayek defined it after WWII. Or libertarian.

6 Likes

Pro-Life Legislation

“I’m uncompromising in my belief that human life begins at conception and ends at natural death.”
-So watch out for all of those murder victims and whatnot. Wandering around. 'Cause they’re not dead.

8 Likes

My umpty-great grandfather was Laird Duffus. We are proud Duffuses. This woman is no Duffus!

7 Likes

Wow! That must be akin to having perfect pitch, and attending concerts w/dysfunctional monitors, so the singers all miss it by that much! I hate that! :frowning:

1 Like

AFAICT, it’s a combination of stupidity, autocorrupt, and nobody bothering to pay for proofreading and editing.

2 Likes

Seminal is one of those.leftist grooming words. You can’t expect her to use any of those.

2 Likes

Is that your own contribution to the English language?

2 Likes

If only!

Sadly, I’ve picked it up somewhere on the net. Can’t remember where, but it’s wonderfully accurate, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.