Trump Energy Secretary Rick Perry gave 6 secret authorizations to sell nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia

Oh, I think that is only true for white men he is related to, or can benefit from. He has quite a history of throwing folks under the bus regardless of skin tone or gender. He is truly an equal opportunity asshole. Actually, on second thought that may only apply to him, personally. I think he would throw his family under the bus too if it came to choosing between them and him.

4 Likes

He is the bus.

2 Likes

“a” white man, I think. You know that when he dies, the universe will cease to exist ?

1 Like

This. Also, since China and Russia are also potential sellers, I’d rather it be the US.

I think the best strategy for all of this is for the US (or the EU, since they seem to be better at nuclear energy) to agree to build, and operate, “non-proliferation-based” plants. Let’s not sell the technology per se, but sell plants that we operate in foreign countries. Give them a good deal on it, and, if they are good partners, maybe they’ll accept it. Second option is to sell them nuclear plants and allow them to “franchise”; we closely regulate what nuclear material and technology is shared by owning the supply chain.

Running a nuclear power plant (and even building one) is a lot different skill set than building nuclear weapons. Even if Saudia Arabia suddenly discovered they had a huge uranium deposit out in the desert, and a bunch of nuclear plants, they still couldn’t make a bomb easily.

Not quite accurate. All he cares about is money and financial security for him and his family. The fact that he can achieve that through nepotism and tribalism is just a means to an end (and the only ones he understands). There are plenty of wealthy non-whites that use the same strategies for the same objectives. None of these people should be in government, however, because government is supposed to be about the advancement of the community represented as a whole, rather than the advancement of individuals or segments of that community.

1 Like

Where is Senate oversight? Where is traitorous Mitch McConnell? These animals must be stopped .

dude i just realized which universe we live in

4 Likes

Governments have always put restrictions on overseas nuclear power projects to keep control over technology and the supply chain, and, if they so wish, exclude anything that could help the client country pursue nuclear weapons. The concern is that the Trump administration will not impose such restrictions on Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Trump is on record as supporting the development of nuclear weapons by US client states. He justifies it as a cost-saving measure, although anyone who thinks that he’d ever reduce the US military budget is daft.

5 Likes

We can only go by his actions… what did his constant going after the 5 black kids wrongfully accused of rape in Central Park get him… literally nothing. He had a history of not allowing black tennants in his buildings. He opened his campaign for president with one of the more racist pitches we’ve seen. He didn’t have to do ANY of that to gain more money. At all. He’s racist. His actions show that to be the case. Believing that everyone who partakes in racist actions isn’t really racist because it’s a means to an end misses the point on racism - it IS about the actions themselves. Even if it’s a cynical ploy, it’s STILL a racist action.

And FINANCIAL SECURITY?

snl-amy-poehler-seth-meyers-really

Amassing millions of dollars (and endlessly NOT paying people for their work) in a questionable fashion isn’t financial security - that’s hoarding.

We live in a white supremacist society. The fact that non-white people don’t have the same amount of power in our society matters here. Prejudice exists everywhere, but when you have the power to set up an entire system that benefits one group of people (in this case white men, who are straight and christian and at first land owning - so largely construction a set of identities that corresponds to differing levels of power in society) over everyone else, as has been the case in the US and much of Europe for these past couple of centuries, that’s construction racist societies that seeks to hoard power and resources in the hands of a few.

6 Likes

Can we blame CERN?

3 Likes

Hmm, let’s see…
filthy french-speaking gay unshaved pinko commie euro-boffins
… yes, we can!

1 Like

I’m just saying, did we live in the stupid timeline prior to the collider coming online?

2 Likes

Sadly yes. Just that it wasn’t as amplified as it is now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.