Trump found some new sleazeball lawyers for his impeachment defense team, after the last ones all ran off

Originally published at: Trump found some new sleazeball lawyers for his impeachment defense team, after the last ones all ran off | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Prior to this case Bruce Castor’s biggest claim to fame was being the D.A. who declined to prosecute Bill Cosby for sexual assault in 2005 despite a number of credible accusations against him. Sounds about right.

19 Likes

Can he be forced to “take the stand”? Can he plead guilty and still not be convicted?

2 Likes

It’s maritime law; how tough can it be?

5 Likes

And then tried to sue one of Cosby’s victims for ruining his political career, because she had sued him for defamation.
Meanwhile, Schoen, Trump’s other new lawyer, was advising Jeffrey Epstein on his defense when Epstein died.
With those backgrounds, the real question is how these guys and Trump took so long to get together in a Voltron of sexual and legal abuse.

15 Likes

This isn’t a criminal trial so it’s up to whatever rules the Senate can negotiate. There were no witnesses allowed in the last go-around.

1 Like

4 Likes

Honestly. I’m surprised he managed to find lawyers with reputations and resumes this upstanding.

4 Likes

Sleaze-ball twin powers activate!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Schoen is, among other odious things, an Enron apologist. Whenever he whines about another lawyer’s aggressive prosecution, it means he’s getting some of his own back. His involvement means a dirty fight is inevitable.

TLDR: Expect typical Republican tactics.

4 Likes

@orenwolf FYI the post’s comments link goes back to the post. This has not happened for a long time, so I wondered if it might need pointing out. Ignore if not.

5 Likes

I’m surprised he managed to find lawyers so deluded or desperate for publicity that they actually think he’ll pay them when this is over.

9 Likes

I wonder what kind of defense they’ll muster?

ladies-and-gentlemen-it-does-not-make-sense-if-chewbacca-lives-on-endor-you-must-acquit

2 Likes

Did you know the 45th president* knows the 45th president* was the 45th president*? :thinking:

Maybe this is a honey trap. You lure in a group of sleazeball lawyers, sterilise them with radiation, then release them into the wild again. It works with mosquitos, so it has got to be worth a try with these bloodsuckers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.