Having accomplished little, Jared Kushner to lead Trump's impeachment defense

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/07/having-accomplished-little-ja.html

8 Likes

This blank-eyed and gormless legacy dimwit is the defender against impeachment that Il Douche richly deserves. May his track record of failure continue in this job.

45 Likes

Sounds good to me, in fact please keep Kushner in charge of this

40 Likes

I’d forgotten about Bad Idea jeans.
If I understand correctly the only legal work Kushner ever did was as an intern. You would think even Trump would understand that having someone without any actually legal experience leading your legal defense is a very bad idea.

17 Likes

I don’t know — I’ve been a fan of Trump’s approach so far. Kushner is a dimwit, but he’s at least nominally in control of himself. Can he really do worse than the raging narcissist with apparent mid-stage senile dementia that’s been running the show circus?

10 Likes

As the kids would say, YYYAAAAASSSSSSS !!!

4 Likes

It sounds like Thanksgiving with my family. I wince at which character here is my analog that I am too blindered-up to notice.

4 Likes

Well, he’s involved in the crimes, so he might as well be part of the defense. But I’m loving this, as it indicates just how unprepared they all are for what’s coming.

giphy

16 Likes

He might be more in control of himself than Orange Cheeto but that doesn’t mean he’s qualified. I presume the play here is that Trump doesn’t think he can trust anyone outside of the family and is leaning on Kushner out of paranoia, which again i’m cool with because there’s no way this could go wrong, right?

16 Likes

What? He has a lot of money. To trump that means he’s smart.

13 Likes

Obviously, no competent lawyer who wants to actually get paid for services and wants to have other clients a year from now is going to go anywhere near this job. Even mob lawyers expect their clients to know when to shut up.

15 Likes

Oh, please let him tell lots of lies and do lots of illegal stuff too so he can go to jail as icing on the cake…please, let there be cake.

14 Likes

4 Likes

Dictator-syndrome in full effect

OutOfOrbit

hes seriously loosing it.

22 Likes

They say that when the going gets tough, you don’t want a criminal lawyer. You want a criminal lawyer.

13 Likes

WHAT ABOUT RUDY

14 Likes

Maybe he couldn’t find a real law firm that would take the case? While there are plenty of law firms more than willing to represent absolute scumbags, there’s a big image problem in this case if they’re not able to control their client and he tweets out incriminating stuff during the case.

6 Likes

It’s possible that even Trump has realized that having your lawyer also be someone who is implicated in the scandal at hand is sub-optimal.

10 Likes

Wonder what Kushner did to piss him off? Because he’s now set up to be the whipping boy of Cheeto’s entire lost domination plan.

The avalanche of blame to come will be the greatest blame…the greatest.

6 Likes

No reputable firm. Back in the day, he could count on Roy Cohn to competently do his scumbag bidding. Now all he has in his schmoe son-in-law.

6 Likes