Trump found someone even worse than Tom Price to regulate Health and Human Services: an insulin profiteer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/22/literal-rico-prosecution.html

4 Likes

I don’t think Obamacare (which I prefer to call Romneycare or Heritagecare :slight_smile: ) gives a lot of new regulatory powers to the Secretary of HHS, although I could be wrong.

In the HIPAA and HITECH legislation, which is a federal rule set that pre-empts state laws, it says that the Secretary of HHS can change the content of Federal Law (specifically, the HIPAA privacy and security rules) at will, although not more than once in a 12-month period. This can and does happen.

HITECH was enacted under President Obama, but HIPAA is Clinton-era.

Is anyone in Vegas taking odds on Senate affirmation? I might like to place a wager!

2 Likes

Observers: “Trump’s first appointee was the worst possible candidate for the job.”
Trump: “Hold my beer cocaine.”

12 Likes

Health is good business. Lots of profits to be made. God bless America.

3 Likes

JFC, I’m tired of living in the Upside-Down already. There’s got to be a portal around here somewhere to take me back to the real universe.

12 Likes
3 Likes

Better start growing a goatee to fit in.

5 Likes

That’s my problem, I already have one. I figure that’s how I wound up here…

6 Likes

I’ll let you know when I find it; I’ve been looking, for almost a year now.

9 Likes

Well he could have pardoned Martin Shkreli and nominated him instead.

6 Likes

In all sincerity, I believe Trump’s only gift is in his ability to productively scrape barrel bottoms when nothing appeared to be left.

6 Likes

Among my many frustrations with the current thieves and wretches in power is my lack of verbal skill to adequately express just how much I hate that scum and the vultures that swarm after him. Somehow I feel it might relieve me a bit if I could purge myself of that vile feeling his existence produces in the depths of my being.

5 Likes

And the so-called “moderate GOPers” in the Senate, like Jeff Flake and Susan Collins, will vote to confirm him. Guaranteed.

7 Likes

Alex Azar: Mass murderer & supreme doucher.

2 Likes

One opened recently in San Francisco over the harbor, but I’m not sure I want what’s on the other side of it either.

3 Likes

It’s called the Canadian border. I am quite happy to be on this side of it too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, business as usual.

2 Likes

Insulin is fucking expensive.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/933196946683994112

3 Likes

My wife told me about that this morning.

3 Likes