Trump "frantic" as lawsuits fail and hopes for legislative coup dim

14 Likes

Electorally, P & VP are attached at the hip. If 45 wasn’t elected, then Pence wasn’t either.

7 Likes

Trump announced he’s going to appeal the Pennsylvania case. I’m curious how far he’ll get. They haven’t presented any evidence. I find it hard to fathom any court doing his bidding if there isn’t any evidence. But… 2020. Meh.

1 Like

Wait… so Biden won GA, and then there was a hand recount, and then GA certified its’ results this last Friday, and now they’re doing another recount???

@Mindysan33, any thoughts?

12 Likes

There is nothing to appeal. He got beat down in PA so decisively there is nothing left.

The only possible argument was that it was improper to let Giuliani represent the plaintiffs and they had inadequate counsel. /s :grinning:

This is just blowing hot air and grifting his followers for more $ to cover his campaign debts.

8 Likes

We are all saying he can’t appeal, and I agree with that, but he’s going to try tomorrow. I just want to see how far he gets with that appeals court packed with Trumpies.

Bloomberg: Trump Campaign Appeals Dismissal of Pennsylvania Election Suit.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-22/trump-campaign-appeals-dismissal-of-pennsylvania-election-suit

4 Likes

We have two possible options:

1. They refuse to hear the appeal altogether
  2. They hear it but it gets dismissed because the appeals court can’t overturn a finding of fact from a trial court.

If you had no evidence at the trial level, you don’t get to introduce it on appeal. The decision in PA excluded most of Rudy’s ranting as irrelevant to the remaining causes of actions.

6 Likes

Your #2 is EXACTLY it. If there was no evidence, what good is any appeal? Appeal not to dismiss for lack of evidence to force the lower court to do… what, precisely? Thus, my curiosity where all this goes.

7 Likes

I believe it was because they legally have to do so since it was so close. The Trump campaign requested the hand recount, but that apparently doesn’t count for the legally mandated recount. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Maybe they’ll hear the appeal if they’re bored that week?

Chief justice: “Thank you for coming. We don’t think your case has any merits; we just wanted to see if you were real.” /hands $20 to other justice.

11 Likes

Can they claim that since this morning they have new super exclusive tremendous beautiful evidence?

5 Likes

Hear tell they got it last night at midnight from a medieval penis investigator.

10 Likes

An investigator with a medieval penis! That apparently describes Rudy Giuliani.

7 Likes

Can’t introduce new evidence in an appeal.

9 Likes

Then they’ll appeal THAT and keep appealing! Don’t like what the Supreme Court ruled? Then appeal to the burrito SUPREME Supreme Court. Don’t like what THEY did, then just keep appealing! We were ROBBED! We won’t stop until we can reverse these terrible decisions!

They are so unmoored that we are going to see them crash on the rocks at some point, like how the drunkest loudmouth at a New Years’ party finally just plows into a wall and is knocked senseless to the floor. I mean, at this rate, it’s bound to happen.

8 Likes

That’s what I always do.

6 Likes

In order to introduce new evidence, they would have to appeal to the soft taco supreme Court, and, let’s face it, they’re not cool enough for that.

11 Likes

You are speaking my language taco man and I am trying to watch my calories. …in advance of absolutely gorging myself next week. And there will be many turkey soft tacos on Friday, November 27th.

I am not asking this facetiously: how should we celebrate here on the BBS when the Trump Train finally derails and the Biden administration has been sworn in? We should do something.

Also:

10 Likes

9 Likes

Safe For Work, but don’t step forward or back.

9 Likes