Trump gives ugly speech saying legal immigrants come from a "bin"

1. The lottery isn’t open to just anyone; it’s open to people from countries with historically below-average immigration to the U.S.

2. Even then, you have to be working in a job that requires several years of experience and training.

3. Then you have to show that you have a relative within the U.S., who’s already a citizen, is going to be financially responsible for you and prove that they’re able to be financially responsible for you.

4. Then you have to go through a background check and interview process that can take 1-2 years.

So Trump and his frothing anti-immigrant supporters can fuck right the fuck off.

28 Likes

8 Likes

Like just about everything else, he doesn’t know how it actually works or what is going on.

10 Likes

Question, do you HAVE to be a rapist to be send to Germany (or elsewhere)?

Asking for a friend.

6 Likes

The worst people immigrate to the USA. He should know - his ancesters are among them.

10 Likes

I saw this coming a while back: a comment I made back in March.

1 Like

This whole deplorable regime needs to be basketted

7 Likes

Education, education, education. Which, as I may have said in another thread a long time ago, means not much light at the end of the tunnel so long as it remains a (Republican) political football.

5 Likes

Dump Donnie might have a point about some immigrants being trash – after all, his grandfather was an immigrant.

4 Likes

Yup. As long as the republicans insist on politicizing education and making it part of their platform to oppose education, higher order reasoning, and independent thought (This is literally stated in the texas state republican party platform document, this isn’t opinion, it’s what they’ve clearly stated they’re all about), the country will remain utterly broken and evil people will remain in power.

10 Likes

First rule of showbiz: Know your audience.

2 Likes

Hey, here’s an idea, how about they just have to pass the citizenship test?

4 Likes

I think he’s basing his understanding of immigration policy on the opening scene of Scarface when the US government realizes that Cuba just sent over a bunch of gangsters and violent criminals.

5 Likes

I guess he just failed to hoover up all the references.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Perry Comb-over; or, maybe, Scary Comb-over would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Not to mention that doing otherwise would contradict his own statement at the UN that all countries should put themselves first. Why would a country that were willing to send people away send away its best citizens?

His statement is worse than stupid because he would likely love to send people away from the US and it wouldn’t be the people he thought were the best.

7 Likes

Well, we’re seeing it now. : /

27 Likes

No shit. I wish these shitheads would just, for the sake of argument, pretend they’re a citizen trying to immigrate legally and just look up what it takes.

I have plenty of legal immigrant friends from Europe and Asia; It’s no fucking cakewalk, guys!

Of course, these are the same folks who say about the DREAM’ers, “They’ve had plenty of time!”. Right. Becoming a citizen or permanent legal resident has just a few ways: A. Be rich, B. Have a good job that’ll sponsor your green card (a prereq for citizenship most of the time) C. Marry a citizen. Item B. is typically white collar, college-educated jobs, and usually has years of fuckery trying to find a company that’ll make good on it.

5 Likes

Both Hitler and Mussolini bemoaned our policy of taking in immigrants because their best were leaving to come here, and they were right. People who decide to leave an area to take a risk to make a better life, are usually the most motivated, hardworking and smartest part of any culture. The lazy and ignorant just stay put. We built this country with immigrants, and new ones strengthen our country.

14 Likes