Trump grounds Boeing's deathliner, in a tweet video

“Tic… tac… DAMMIT.”

10 Likes

FYI

6 Likes

Same or similar playbook that caused the Grenfell Tower fire, something that still makes my blood boil when i think about. Regulations are in place, or need to be in place to ensure the highest standards and to safeguard the public. Public companies exist to make money and exploit resources/people, they aren’t there for the benefit of everyone.

8 Likes

The lesson for Boeing is the same as for any business that publicly drags their feet over a safety issue.

It’s not the initially misfiring technology, poisoned food, disease outbreaks that are the biggest hit to reputations. It’s the public dithering and stalled actions over people’s lives.

4 Likes

AHA. i just knew there had to be a catch.

Nice to know you can run this country via tweet. Anybody can be president.

3 Likes

Or, safer, land, but not take off. I think that this is the option they are going for. :wink:

2 Likes

… from anywhere…

2 Likes

Even Moscow?

2 Likes

You can rest easy, he only made the Boeing decision because the stock is getting hammered and he owns a ton of it (per his own tweeting). He’s saving his portfolio. He made the right call for all the wrong (sleazy, unethical, possibly even illegal) reasons.

8 Likes

Especially Moscow.

2 Likes

Darn right. It’s even in their FAQ.

1 Like

Is being the last nation to hold out “timely”?

5 Likes

As I understand it, this whole “taking off but not landing” thing is pretty much the essence of the problem.

10 Likes

Boeing should have given him a better deal on the new Air Force One. Paybacks are a bitch…

2 Likes

fortunately, in the software business “ship it now” is always a decision made on a rational basis /s

5 Likes

on a scale of Trump? absolutely.

1 Like

“Okay, people, it’s Crunch Time!”

Followed by, “Look out people, it is crash time!”

This is such a sad situation.

1 Like

Again, WTF timeline are we in now? Yes, agreed on all counts. And I feel dirty for agreeing with him on anything.

7 Likes

The current occupant of that job has pretty well proven this. Anyone can, and would almost certainly do a better job!

6 Likes