3 Likes

Stealing, because I need to steal this.

I will return it once I am done.

4 Likes

Will that be sometime in 2020?

Keep it; I’ve got plenty more.

:wink:

6 Likes

Aerion released satellite data to the FAA and Canada earlier today that prompted the grounding. Why are folks saying Trump overrode the FAA?

More importantly, why wouldn’t the FAA temporarily ground the airliner pending the results of the investigation, rather than keeping it in the air pending the results of the investigation? That seems backasswards to me.

As someone that flies roundtrip on one of these once a month - or more - I am as well…

1 Like

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/11/politics/faa-737-max-ethiopian-airlines-lion-air/index.html

Why, indeed.

2 Likes

I am comfortable knowing that the Venn diagram of myself and FuckFaceTrump is a thin sliver of commonality; we both breath air and drink water. And even that last one is a fraction of a shared set because I hear he gets his water from Whore’s Urine.

3 Likes

Does this mean that, with a tweet, he can ground every commercial aircraft? And train, while we’re at it? Shouldn’t we be uncomfortable that POTUS apparently has this level of power?

4 Likes

Yeah, but that article is two days old. New information became available this morning, and now it’s grounded. I don’t feel like the president gets to take credit for this, weak medicine that it is.

3 Likes

No arguments here.

5 Likes
1 Like

Of course, THAT would get him impeached in 90 seconds flat…

4 Likes

Trumps tweet 11:45 am

FAA announcement 12:09 PM

3 Likes

Which means the acting FAA head briefed him, walked back to the office, and someone said, “Hey, you need to look at Twitter!”

8 Likes

Naw Dawg, I drink arsenic compounds, and in-respirate argon.

1 Like

The airlines themselves could have grounded their fleet. (fat chance) The FAA could have done this on their own as well but, there’s the Chao/trump/Boeing three way to deal with.

3 Likes

I have it on good authority that the current trump is a twitter bot. The real trump is hiding in a hole in Moscow.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this is possible. The Fourteenth Amendment ensures that a corporation, separately from its associated human beings (like owners, managers, or employees), has at least some of the legal rights and responsibilities enjoyed by natural persons (physical humans). Ctrl c/Ctrl v, edit, Wikipedia.

1 Like

I wondered that myself but I assume that since the government controls the skies they have the authority to keep whatever they want grounded

1 Like