Trump idolizes Al Capone in lament over multiple indictments

Originally published at: Trump idolizes Al Capone in lament over multiple indictments | Boing Boing

6 Likes

…said the man who boasted about being a tax cheat during a political debate.

25 Likes

TBF, Capone was a lot better at inspiring loyalty, hiding his crimes, and probably keeping his mouth shut.

17 Likes

I am totally fine with seeing if Trump can hold up as legendarily as Capone did in Alcatraz.

16 Likes

I would be in favor of reopening Alcatraz for a fair comparison

16 Likes

I was going to do an impression of his praising Capone, but seeing the quote I acknowledge that satire can’t top reality.

11 Likes

Finally, he’d have his Trump Tower in San Francisco, with a room on Broadway!

9 Likes

Gee what a great idea to lump one’s self in with a murderer, a serial bank robber, and a notorious organized crime boss figure during a Presidential Election.

Sure he’s done it before to cry victim but coming out full gangster and proud is just wow. The cosplay is complete.

14 Likes

Well, he has another one up on Capone, being indirectly responsible for between 500,000 and 1,000,000 people dying of Covid. Capone only managed to kill 200 or so.
What a Bigly Loser!

12 Likes

Italian-Americans can just start referring to him as “Al Coglione”.

6 Likes

History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
The fuck does that mean?!

—Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire

9 Likes

Capone was sentenced to 11 years for tax evasion. Do you want to four-up Capone in that way, too? If you insist on a 44 year prison sentence for your crimes related to tax evasion I’m sure the judge will take your request into consideration. [Capone was released after 8 years for medical reasons, so if you only want to ask for 32 years I’d accept that too.]

9 Likes

And was he crying when he thanked Trump?

7 Likes

So, it looks like my allusion to Trump as Capone (in The Untouchables) lambasting the courts last week outside the courtroom had legs.

Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

4 Likes

If only Al Capone were smart enough to run for public office when he knew the indictment was coming, then he could claim “election interference” and avoid jail time.

/s

9 Likes

Well, Trump’s mentor, the disgraced, disbarred lawyer Roy Cohn, did work for the mafia. Seems like Trump learned a thing or two.

6 Likes

Trump treats his underlings about the same as Capone also.
GIF by FirstAndMonday

5 Likes

Even that major trial went fairly quickly:

• March 13, 1931 - Capone charged with income tax evasion
  • June 5, 1931 - indicted by a federal grand jury on 22 counts of income tax evasion, released on bail
  • June 16, 1931 - Capone pleaded guilty to income tax evasion and 5,000 Volstead Act violations (prohibition)
  • October 17, 1931 - Capone was convicted on five counts of income tax evasion
  • May 1932 - Capone was sent to Atlanta U.S. Penitentiary. Capone was officially diagnosed with syphilis and gonorrhoea. He was also experiencing withdrawal symptoms from cocaine addiction.
9 Likes

Minus the physical exertion part, of course.

8 Likes

Just in time for Halloween.

5 Likes