Trump: "If you don’t have heaven, what’s the reason? Why do I have to be good?"

Merry Christmas GIF

2 Likes

ninon de lenclos:

“if a man needs a god or a religion to conduct himself properly in this world, i say it is a sign of either a weak mind or a corrupt heart.”

10 Likes

I saw someone recently point out that not believing in an afterlife gives a reason to cherish life all the more, for yourself and others. I’m not sure that works on sociopaths, but then again, neither does the carrot/ stick arrangement religion offers.

But religion has a knack for carving out exceptions to the rules. “Thou shalt not kill. Except for ____. ___. and ___. Those are all bad people who you should hate, torture and kill, regardless of any evidence to back up the notion of them being bad” I prefer the simple morality that is basically the Hippocratic Oath. “First, do no harm…” I may not be a doctor but this seems like a pretty good start.

4 Likes

This being the same guy who loves heroes, but doesn’t understand “what’s in it for them” for people who serve. Who shoves people out of the way for photo ops. Who streetsweeps protesters for bible photo ops. Who’s devoid of empathy and self-awareness. :face_vomiting:

8 Likes

I suspect Trump loves heroes in the same way that Chick-fil-A loves birds.

10 Likes

Trump: I won’t be good unless you let me into Heaven.

God:

10 Likes

At the time Gaiman used John Constantine, he was a fairly obscure DC character, created by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette, and John Totleben.

In spite of the movie with Keanu Reeves, his look is based on Sting in a trenchcoat, and his accent is … a complicated topic, but basically Londonized Liverpool.

3 Likes

heaven-0
heaven-1
heaven-2
heaven-3
heaven-4
heaven-5

11 Likes

Uh…

I am aware.

In fact, I was one of the few dozen or so who watched Constantine the series, and was bummed out when they cancelled it after only one season.

What I didn’t understand is what any of that has to do with 45.

2 Likes

The discussion was which Circles of Hell would be suitable for 45, and only a few circles seemed a bit limited. The Trump Theme Park at Six Flags over Hell.

1 Like

Dude…

If Hell actually existed, the answer would be:

6 Likes

Let’s see…

1. Lust
  2. Gluttony
  3. Greed
    • hoarders
    • squanderers
  4. Wrath
  5. Heresy
  6. Violence
    • Against neighbours
    • Against self (his diet FFS if nothing else)
    • Against God, art and nature
    • Against sexuality
    • Usury
  7. Fraud
    • Pandering and seducing
    • Flattery
    • Simony
    • False prophecy
    • Barratry and graft
    • Hypocrisy
    • Theft
    • Evil counsel
    • Sowers of Discord
    • Forgery
    • Impostery
  8. Treachery
    • to one’s family
    • to one’s country
    • to one’s guests
    • to one’s benefactors

… Yeah, Dante didn’t include a circle for sloth, but if he had, Trump would have gotten that one too; which is ironic considering how he seems to have dedicated his life and worked so hard to qualify for all of the circles of Hell at once.

6 Likes

That slacker.

:wink:

7 Likes

Sloth doesn’t have its own circle, but it is paired with wrath. I have heard it justified as that both being a misuse of passion – getting angry when you shouldn’t, and not caring when you should.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.