Trump says if he wins, we won't need to vote anymore

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/27/trump-insinuates-if-he-wins-we-wont-need-to-vote-anymore.html

18 Likes

Insinuates? English is not my first language, do maybe I lost some nuances, but I would say that he clearly stated that he will abolish elections.

50 Likes

Hush now. Even though he’s saying the loud part out loud now, we’re still supposed to call it something else!

Kinda weird if you ask me, but such is the way in a world that’s normalized Nazis.

41 Likes

Please correct the headline, BB. He said it directly.

18 Likes

Was Hitler even that open about his plans before he was appointed Chancellor?

19 Likes

@jlw

14 Likes

But we (tinw) have to wait for the holy Trumpsplainers to read the entrails and tell us what he really said.

25 Likes

Not to be some kind of trump defender here or anything, but I think it’s best to be accurate. I think what he is actually saying is that he will fix all the problems “Christian” voters want fixed, as in a national abortion ban, other horrible things, and once he “fixes” these issues, they won’t have to worry about voting.

I definitely think he wants to be president forever and subvert the democratic process, I just don’t think in this particular statement that is what he is saying. Let’s stick to what he is actually saying, which is some really dangerous and reprehensible things.

5 Likes

But if there were more elections after a ■■■■■ win, xtians would have to keep voting to hold on to their precious theocracy.

He is saying either that there won’t be any more elections or that the system will be so gerrymandered that elections will be meaningless.

31 Likes

We didn’t have to wait long. Jerry Sneede’s comment was only 4 minutes after yours!

@Jerry_Sneede - he didn’t say they won’t have to worry about voting. He said " We’ll have it fixed so good, you’re not going to have to vote.”

When a fascist tells you what they’re planning, listen to them. Stop believing this guy has any good intentions. He’s a monster.

52 Likes

Every time a statement starts like this, what follows it will be exactly that thing it’s claiming not to be. Every. Single. Time.

Also, what is up with the hedging in the headlines on this story? Can we please stop pretending there might be non-horrible explanations for the horrible shit he says?

34 Likes

Either because there will be no elections or because the “vermin” will have been exterminated. We don’t need to reinterpret his words, he’s not that clever. They “won’t need to worry about voting” because there will be no votes. Period. I will give him no benefit of the doubt at all. None.

38 Likes

What you are saying about they would have to keep voting is completely correct, of course. But that is I think just too much logic being placed on the dumb things this guy says.

3 Likes

I definitely don’t think he has any good intentions that is for sure.

3 Likes

This. So much this. Trying to extract policy or logic from his statements is mostly futile.

3 Likes

He said perfectly clearly that voting will be unnecessary, which means that voting will have no effect.

15 Likes

Fascism isn’t about logic, it’s about force. He knows what he’s saying, and his audience knows what he means. We can ALL see what he means. He is saying it plain as day.

45 Likes

Even parsed the way you suggest, he’s talking about ending democracy in America.

There is no benign reading of this.

37 Likes

He is saying it plain as day.

Just as plain a message as it would be if the mob put a finger in your chili.

24 Likes

Jada Pinkett Smith Periodt GIF by Red Table Talk

@Jerry_Sneede things are as bad as they seem here. Trump IS a fascist who will do what he can to end democracy, and he’s got a plan for that now with the whole project 2025 thing…

35 Likes