Trump is signaling to the violent MAGAs again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/08/trump-is-signaling-to-the-violent-magas-again.html

11 Likes

drunk rock of love GIF

34 Likes

“1 MONTH UNTIL ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE! THEY WANT TO SENTENCE ME TO DEATH.”

"BREAKING FROM TRUMP: JUSTICE IS DEAD IN AMERICA!

This sort of stuff would have kept me up at night, early in 45’s first term. But after being subjected to a continuous stream of Trump’s provocations since 2015 (almost a damn decade) the thing that scares me the most is how acclimated I’ve become to it all. I’m cognitively aware that I’m the frog in pot slowly reaching boiling point, but, hey, I’ve been in this pot for 9 years now. I can hardly remember what life was like before the creeping advance of fascism became a daily reality.

Now I’m just, so tired…

23 Likes

I feel ya, but the fight isn’t over. He’s still a threat that we have to ensure doesn’t come to power again. We got to keep doing what we can to ensure Biden gets elected in November…

26 Likes

hear! hear!! of course i will emphatically vote for whomever is against trump (and oldman shout at the neighbor kids to do the same); but oh so very weary of the constant multi-channel push for hateful dystopia.

…believe the trump ennui which is the most disastrous for society is care of the media: “trump told a string of lies? bosh! that’s not news. that gains us no eyeballs. but look! Biden is acting old! that’s news because it suggests we’ll all be dead soon! yeah! [cue pharma advert]” @#$!<string of expletives three scrolls down and growing>

17 Likes

tricoteuses

9 Likes

Take heart from the wins this week in France and England! It’s possible to defeat them. Ignore the hateful rhetoric and talk to people who aren’t spouting it. Convince them to vote.

21 Likes

Don’t be such a crybaby, Pumpkinhead, nobody’s giving you the death sentence… though I guess Biden theoretically could now, thanks to your pet Supreme Court. Also, nobody uses guillotines any more. For now.

5 Likes

“Guillotine” is spelled correctly because Trump didn’t write it. He doesn’t write any of those emails: he doesn’t have the focus or the patience. The emails are the equivalent of fundraising letters, and they are written by professional writers who specialize in fundraising. Such letters are always written in whatever style will get the most responses from the target audience, and in this case, the writers are mimicking Trump’s deranged, tertiary-syphilitic style. (But not too closely. No racial or sexual slurs, no bizarre Adderall-fuelled grammatical errors and misspellings. It still has to function as a business communication.)

11 Likes

This is the thing.

7 Likes

Exactly what I’ve been doing. Just as the catastrophe of Brexit was a bellwether for the American catastrophe in 2016, I’m keeping fingers crossed that the trend we’re seeing across the pond is similarly predictive.

9 Likes

I mean, he’s always signaling to the violent MAGAs. He never stopped. He’s just constantly gotten more and more extreme, to the point where this example seems like one of the less alarming ones, because at least when he obviously doesn’t get the death penalty (or maybe any jail time at all), it’s just going to take the air out of the violent MAGAs, not whip them up further. Sure, he’s priming them for violence in the short period before that point, but it also reduces it after, unlike a lot of his rhetoric. His violence has become so normalized, it’s not even a political liability for him at this point.

6 Likes

Riling up the Know-Nothing mob is what fascists do. It’s just disheartening to see it happening constantly in the U.S.

7 Likes

WIshful thinking on my part, I know, but I like to think that this is Trump’s subconscious screaming out his insane level of paranoia. This guy knows exactly what he did wrong and he knows that if WE knew everything, he would rightly be headed straight for a grim end.

3 Likes

It could be that, but it’s also a case of giving yourself permission to do something by pretending that the enemy are already doing it, as with vote-rigging, violent protests, politically-motivated prosecutions, impeaching the President for the crime of belonging to the other party, prophecies of civil war, etc, etc.

5 Likes

Yes, and his lying too. It’s another (infuriating) reason the corporate media are fixated after that “debate” on Biden’s supposed infirmity, instead of on Tromp’s dozens of outrageous falsehoods.

He lies and exaggerates so constantly that people – including supposed journalists – just ignore most of the content of what he says. Even though Tromp’s followers DO hear the lies, and believe them, and get enraged as a result.

8 Likes

Or run it through a layer of Trumpsplainers to tell us what he really meant, rather than noting that he’s incoherent and wrong.

6 Likes

Tumbrils for hire! Bring your knitting!

2 Likes

Fun for the whole family!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.