Trump malware to infect every US phone on Wednesday

It’s pretty bad when I catch myself looking for ways to block emergency messages on my phone because of Trump.

13 Likes

That’ll only work if you never take it out of the bag.

1 Like

CALM DOWN, everyone. it’s just a standard emergency alert test, like on the radio. i mean, i hate Orange45 with every fiber of my being too, but to assume he knows anything about this (let alone is planning to use it for his own purposes) is beyond crazy. besides, these “all phone, unstoppable alerts” were in place well before he was thrust into power.

15 Likes

tumblr_pfxwruvPnt1ujinhho1_540

43 Likes

Where did this come from? Damn, it hits dead center doesn’t it!

11 Likes

Imagine if you will, that he lends it out to his friends, like Alex Jones, unjustly censored by tech companies. A fruitcake who won’t shut up, handed a megaphone that can’t be silenced, babbling forever in … the Trump Zone.

/s

18 Likes

Having to live on the same fuckin’ planet with trumpoid is offensive!

8 Likes

My Son sent it deep from inside the tRump Arizona, the Mississippi of the SouthWest.

4 Likes

There’s bigger issues at play then since allegedly certain signals can mess with plane equipment.

Plus the general “oh shit” that there’s no way to turn off that tracking beacon radio - especially given most phones lack removable batteries :confused:

(But seriously in pretty sure forcing a text to airplane mode would be some sort of FAA violation)

1 Like

Ooh! I wonder how he’ll react when his phone starts jabbering the alert?

10 Likes

Dang. I actually will be for the weekend, starting Thurs. of course.

5 Likes

He’s got a good eye and seems to knows his papa pretty well…good for both of you.

1 Like

I’m still trying to figure out the circumstances under which the president needs to send an urgent message to the entire country all at once. Besides “oops, we’re having a nuclear war with Russia,” I can’t think of any.

7 Likes

A metric fuckton, even.

6 Likes

Right. If there is ever a need to communicate with every citizen, you damn sure want it to work. Nuclear war, space warfare, cyberattack, sunspots, bioattack, Yellowstone… all things that qualify.

Catastrophic system failures may occur with a message of this scale. How often do complex systems work the first time?

2 Likes

Thanks for easing my mind, there…

3 Likes

Thanks Obama! https://www.wsj.com/video/here-a-thing-obama-unstoppable-text-messages/A8BA9216-EB86-4919-ACBF-A76D5F2A4A3F.html

Well, they’re working on that one:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/02/politics/us-threatens-russia-missiles-nuclear-treaty/index.html

6 Likes

“The bombing will start in five minutes”.

4 Likes

So, Wednesday would be an ideal day for Bad People ™ to do Bad Shit ™?

1 Like