Trump mocks hospitals' 'insatiable appetites' for coronavirus medical supplies

Why didn’t we think of telling them this sooner?!

3 Likes

image5

24 Likes

Donald Trump is the Emperor Justinian of our modern Rome.

The character and actions of Justinian I ( c. 482 – 14 November 565) are related by Procopius in his “Secret History”:

I will now relate the manner in which [Justinian] got possession of the wealth of the world, after I have first mentioned a vision which was seen in a dream by a person of distinction at the commencement of his reign. He thought he was standing on the coast at Byzantium, opposite Chalcedon, and saw Justinian standing in the midst of the channel. The latter drank up all the water of the sea, so that it seemed as if he were standing on dry land, since the water no longer filled the strait. After this, other streams of water, full of filth and rubbish, flowing in from the underground sewers on either side, covered the dry land. Justinian again swallowed these, and the bed of the channel again became dry. Such was the vision this person beheld in his dream.

This Justinian, when his uncle Justin succeeded to the throne, found the treasury well filled, for Anastasius, the most provident and economical of all the Emperors, fearing (what actually happened) that his successor, if he found himself in want of money, would probably plunder his subjects, filled the treasure-houses with vast stores of gold before his death. Justinian exhausted all this wealth in a very short time, partly by senseless buildings on the coast, partly by presents to the barbarians, although one would have imagined that a successor, however profligate and extravagant, would have been unable to have spent it in a hundred years; for the superintendents of the treasures and other royal possessions asserted that Anastasius, during his reign of more than twenty-seven years, had without any difficulty accumulated 320,000 centenars, of which absolutely nothing remained, it having all been spent by this man during the lifetime of his uncle, as I have related above. It is impossible to describe or estimate the vast sums which he appropriated to himself during his lifetime by illegal means and wasted in extravagance; for he swallowed up the fortunes of his subjects like an ever-flowing river, daily absorbing them in order to disgorge them amongst the barbarians. Having thus squandered the wealth of the State, he cast his eyes upon his private subjects. Most of them he immediately deprived of their possessions with unbounded rapacity and violence, at the same time bringing against the wealthy inhabitants of Byzantium, and those of other cities who were reputed to be so, charges utterly without foundation. Some were accused of polytheism, others of heresy; some of sodomy, others of amours with holy women; some of unlawful intercourse, others of attempts at sedition; some of favouring the Green faction, others of high treason, or any other charge that could be brought against them. On his own responsibility he made himself heir not only of the dead, but also of the living, as opportunity offered. In such matters he showed himself an accomplished diplomatist. I have already mentioned above how he profited by the sedition named Nika which was directed against him, and immediately made himself heir of all the members of the Senate, and how, shortly before the sedition broke out, he obtained possession of the fortunes of private individuals. On every occasion he bestowed handsome presents upon all the barbarians alike, those of East and West, and North and South, as far as the inhabitants of the British Islands and of the whole world, nations of whom we had not even heard before, and whose names we did not know, until we became acquainted with them through their ambassadors. When these nations found out Justinian’s disposition, they flocked to Byzantium from all parts of the world to present themselves to him. He, without any hesitation, overjoyed at the occurrence, and regarding it as a great piece of good luck to be able to drain the Roman treasury and fling its wealth to barbarians or the waves of the sea, dismissed them every day loaded with handsome presents. In this manner the barbarians became absolute masters of the wealth of the Romans, either by the donations which they received from the Emperor, their pillaging of the Empire, the ransom of their prisoners, or their trafficking in truces. This was the signification of the dream which I have mentioned above.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/12916/pg12916-images.html

6 Likes

Hey, everyone knows that America’s healthcare workers are just in it for that sweet, sweet PPE and Trump is just the first one with the cajones to call them out on it.

37 Likes

It grows the brand. And the horror is that it works.

5 Likes

If they are making things go well for him, they are heroes.

If they are making things harder for him they are complainers, losers, and thieves.

10 Likes

I personally prefer the nome de plume Orange Atrocity.

ETA: I was glad to here about the method to sterilize ppe before reuse. Not as good as new ppe, but it’s something. Technology To Clean And Reuse PPE Is Being Deployed To Hotspot Hospitals : NPR

6 Likes

He’s the Anti-Christ. We are doomed.

10 Likes

Good lord, he is gauche!

6 Likes

Yep, it stands for John. As in:

4 Likes

Actually, it stands for Jackass!

3 Likes

USNS Mercy and USNS Comfort?

2 Likes

Trump mocks [everything he doesn’t understand].

13 Likes

Well to view it another way, if this is the best that El Diablo can come up with, then possibly not?

2 Likes

USNS Comfort

1 Like

I suspect at some point Trump played SimCity…
It’s like that, just like that.

3 Likes

I’ve been consistently referring to this beast as “Traitor Trump.” However, over the last week I’ve seen the need to change this to “Mass Murderer Trump.”

7 Likes

I wonder why you can’t build a mask that can be sterilized (like autoclave). If filtration is your major point could a stainless mess filter not work, coupled with a high temp silicon face seal? I realize it would be significantly more expensive, but in times like this it would save a great deal of resources.

That or group patients together be severity level and isolate them so you are only changing out PPE one every few hours.

As a health crisis becomes a genocide, just try to remember how cool it was when you didn’t want to take time to vote.

7 Likes

8 Likes