Trump mocks hospitals' 'insatiable appetites' for coronavirus medical supplies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/trump-mocks-hospitals-insa.html

“You should have pushed harder. Stop complaining.” — Trump

6 Likes

this gif is getting a work out lately.

30 Likes

69 Likes

He’s really just saying out loud without any filters whatever the voices in his head are whispering, isn’t he.

37 Likes

Why yes, people should stop dying and getting sick in hospitals.

26 Likes

So this is the “leadership” Republicans like to brag about?

How can anyone defend this man except on purely partisan grounds.

36 Likes

I thought the news item about hoarding was a particale of the centre of corrupt fakery

I’ve never seen a public figure so committed to reminding everyone what a piece of garbage he is.

56 Likes

“What? They want MORE cake?”

28 Likes

:angry::fu::astonished: :exploding_head: :roll_eyes: :fu::fu::fu::fu:
What a fucking ass!

28 Likes

Perhaps he needs to take a tour of the NYC hospitals. See, firsthand, what they are dealing with.

Preferably without any PPE. Take Pence, too.

45 Likes

He’s a real man of the people. Knows what the forgotten man cares about. Governors, big tough guys, go up to him with tears in their eyes and tell him “You got me so much mask and ventilator! Thank you!”

37 Likes

He does not understand these are disposable items. Masks are not issued like guns and used only when necessary. The Gowns, gloves and face shields are constantly discarded and disposed, not saved and re-used
Ideally all are disposed of after contact with EACH patient according to Standard Precautions.
I wish Fauci would bring this up at a presser.

37 Likes

The J stands for John?

I guess I’d just assumed it meant Judas :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

“Massive amounts of medical supplies, even hospitals and medical centers, are being delivered directly to states and hospitals by the Federal Government.” So the Federal Government is delivering actual hospitals and medical centers?? WTF??

7 Likes

I don’t think he understands why they’re necessary at all. This is a guy who thinks you can avoid illness by avoiding poor people and eating McDonald’s instead of freshly cooked food. He’s flirted with anti-vax and all his personal doctors appear to be quacks and Dr. Feelgood types.

24 Likes

The major problem which the medical profession in the most advanced sectors of the galaxy had to tackle - after cures had been found for all the major diseases, and instant repair systems had been invented for all physical injuries and disablements except some of the more advanced forms of death - was that of employment.

Planets full of bronzed, healthy, clean-limbed individuals merrily prancing through their lives meant that the only doctors still in business were the psychiatrists - simply because no one had discovered a cure for the universe as a whole, or rather, the only one that did exist had been abolished by the medical doctors. Then it was noticed, that like most forms of medical treatment, total cures had a lot of unpleasant side effects. Boredom, listlessness, lack of - well anything very much, and with these conditions came the realisation that nothing turned, say, a slightly talented musician, into a towering genius faster than the problem of encroaching deafness. And nothing turned a perfectly normal, healthy individual into a great political or military leader better than irreversible brain damage.

14 Likes

Must…palm…face!
Must…not…touch…face!

11 Likes

Except nurses and doctors are re-using masks. And reusing gowns, after you wipe them off with chemicals.

Because we don’t have enough.

At least we aren’t there with gloves.

12 Likes

They’ve whored out whatever humanity they may have once possessed in exchange for tax cuts.

11 Likes