Trump said some Americans wear masks to “signal disapproval of him”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/19/trump-said-some-americans-wear.html

12 Likes

God what a narcissist.

64 Likes

52 Likes

Wearing masks to slow the spread of the virus is still the standing recommendation of His. Own. Task. Force.

79 Likes

Well, would you look at that!
another reason to wear a mask!
I shall make my disapproval perfectly clear by wearing a mask emblazoned with “Fuck Trump”.

62 Likes

You’re doing it again.

12 Likes

That sociopath does not care who gets hurt except for himself. That includes supporters and detractors. He’s definitely a liability for the GOP come november.

17 Likes

well, in some cases he’s right…

37 Likes

I’ve wanted to make this T-shirt for a while…not sure would be as readable on a face mask though.

51 Likes

Not quite. When the conventional wisdom was that boomers would be hardest hit by Trumpvirus we had briefings and lockdowns in Republican states. When it became clear that minorities were hardest hit, it was full steam ahead.

42 Likes

I’m a diabetic with an already weakened immune system. I was in the hospital in 2019 with necrotizing fasciitis, a.k.a flesh eating bacteria for the lay person, that was in my right foot. I spent two months going to a wound care clinic so that I could undergo hyperbaric oxygen therapy, sitting in a plastic tube for 2.5 hours a day to help heal my foot so I wouldn’t be an amputee, and underwent three surgeries over the course of a year. This winter I got sick, for no apparent reason, and was in the hospital for a month and a half during the first outbreak of corona virus. I’m pretty sure i had the virus but there was no testing available. Now that I am on the mend I can’t get reliable antibody testing to tell me WTF happened to my health in the early part of the year. I wear a mask because I don’t want to get sick and have to spend anymore time in the hospital than I already have. I wear a mask so I, hopefully, never have to pay hospital bills like I have been doing for two years. I wear a mask because of constant stress of contracting the virus, or giving it to someone else. I wear a mask as a common sense way for me to help fight the virus that has been affecting so many in the world.

I’m wearing this mask for my own personal reasons, not because of the simpleton in Washington. The fact that it’s viewed by Trump and his supporters as a big “fuck you” to his administration is just a bonus for me. What a creep, total narcissist and garbage person/son of a bitch to think that my personal health choices are due to what he thinks. People make personal health choices for their benefit, not because of politics.

80 Likes

C’mon, Don, think globally.

7 Likes

good lord, can this guy go one minute without making something about himself?

43 Likes

No.

Would you like another question?

55 Likes

I wear a facemask because I’m concerned about my own health and the health of others around me.

The fact that it’s a signal of my disapproval of a health crisis that was, at the very least, exacerbated by Trump is purely coincidental.

26 Likes

correction: narcissistic asshole - always thinks everything is about him, and expects us to comply.

20 Likes

That’s stigmatizing to those who actually suffer from MI; 45 is just a narcissistic asshole.

12 Likes

thanks - fixed it

10 Likes

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :+1: :pray: :laughing: :smile: :upside_down_face: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

19 Likes

I wear a mask to protect my community and my family, but if it puts a burr under his saddle, I’ll wear two!

37 Likes