White House canceled plans to mail face masks to every American home because Trump hates Amazon's Jeff Bezos and was feuding with USPS

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/19/white-house-canceled-plans-to-mail-face-masks-to-every-american-home-because-trump-hates-amazons-jeff-bezos-and-was-feuding-with-usps.html

4 Likes

41 Likes

Who’d have guessed donald trumps emotional fragility torpedoed useful action. Whoever could have predicted someone like donald trump is too fragile, stupid and stunted to be president?

Nobody knows more about medicine than donald and also, nobody knew healthcare was so complicated. He’s a humble man you know. He’s said so. More humble than you could imagine.

57 Likes

Meanwhile the rest of the world does things they find distasteful because that is adulting, and generally speaking, considered a part of doing the fucking job you were hired to do.

30 Likes

In keeping with the season- I hope he’s haunted by the spirits of everyone who he could have saved.

36 Likes

One more reason why every death in our country should be placed on his shoulders.

If he is to get a presidential library it should be a Vietnam memorial-esque installation of every name lost because of his ego.

40 Likes

Ideally suited for running organized crime and should never have been president. Period.

13 Likes

For Trump, Covid is a feature not a bug. A tool of destruction.

6 Likes

I was thinking of that very thing, except on the Mall near the White House, as a reminder to the current and future occupants.

13 Likes

An actual crime family would have bumped him off long ago.

32 Likes

When the pandemic 1st started being an issue here in Northern California, my wife’s hospital forbade (including disciplinary action) employees to wear masks (she’s an RN). One of our state’s 1st covid patients came to her hospital (and pts’ status was never reported to those who came into contact with said pt). So I’m not the least surprised that the federal government could fuck this up when a goddamn teaching hospital can’t get their shit together.

Also: no love for the orange shit gibbon here.

16 Likes

So here is my pitch for a sitcom. The show follows two white house ghosts, at our story starts they’re are commenting that they will get some peace as most of the ghosts have moved on. Lincoln’s ghost just couldn’t take the humiliation of what the Republicans have become.

When all of these new ghosts start showing up…

On third thought I should put this idea in a box it’s too soon for a sitcom.

8 Likes

Trump is a piece of shit and everything, and they should have been sent out simply to demonstrate government commitment to pandemic response, but FWIW I have dozens of these Hanes USPS-edition “Do your part” face mask 5-packs and they are spectacularly awful. They were provided for free in the course of my government employment this summer and literally 100% of workers used their own masks instead.

The ear loops jack my ears forward painfully, they are made out of underpants material that presses against the mouth and quickly becomes wet with mouth vapor and spit, and they are extraordinarily difficult to don or doff without touching the front. I literally struggled to give them away and ultimately donated most of them to a Habitat ReStore. I use the remainder as shop rags.

I’m super pro-mask (the current favorites in my collection are from Gill and Mandala with Filti filters), but these particular masks were an underpants company cash grab and Hanes should be ashamed.

14 Likes

On the whole - I prefer Lincoln’s ghost from the Venture Bros got his own series.

5 Likes

“Do your part, help stop the spread: Trump.”

3 Likes

He declined to lead the nation during a global pandemic, missed many opportunities to prove us wrong, and he will soon be history.

7 Likes

There really is no limit to how petty, pathetic, and actively harmful to America the Orange Shitgibbon is and has been.

12 Likes

Good to know that “there were incompetent people on all sides”.

1 Like

Jesus fucking Christ, every day brings yet more evidence that we are dying in order to preserve that man’s fragile ego.

And now, despite my most paranoid efforts, even I’ve got that damn stupid virus (I think - if I could afford health insurance I’d know for sure).

15 Likes

I send him this wish, “May the worst of your yesterdays be the best of your tomorrows”

7 Likes