Trump offers Putin Europe, meanwhile, the media is focused on Biden forgetting a name

Well, that’s just consistent. If they understood that all those thousands and thousands of empty square kilometers of Siberian taiga and tundra don’t make Russia powerful, they might also have to accept that all that empty prairie and mountains in the red states doesn’t translate into political or economical power…

14 Likes

Not the countries. The “great men” who lead them.

5 Likes

Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia.

8 Likes

Congress did pass a law that the president can’t unilaterally remove us from NATO, right?

ETA: I think so, yes.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4360407-congress-approves-bill-barring-president-withdrawing-nato/

8 Likes

Trump wouldn’t need to take the US out of NATO. He would only need to decide that the proper response to an invasion of another member state by Russia is to do nothing.

4 Likes

In that unlikely event, couldn’t Congress still declare war?

Maybe we should rethink the powers of the executive branch.

5 Likes

@MikeR and @FGD135 already answered your question.

I can add that Le Pen, another neofascist and not-improbable next President of France already declared publicly that French nukes are for the French only, and they would not defend the EU with it.

2 Likes

something tells me we’ll all winding up paying if there’s a ■■■■■ presidency. graham included. there are quite a few hungry leopards waiting for their meal.

5 Likes

Which is why this:
needs to be moored in the waters behind Mar-a-Lardo so that
he [along with his guests] gets to see it every time he looks out the
fucking window or wanders around in the back yard.

Well, he does see himself as a Mafia Boss, so no surprise there.

Yeah, treaties be damned! So much for upholding the Constitution.
Not to mention giving aid & comfort to an enemy…

8 Likes

Indeed, with blocking aid to Ukraine, I would say that the [R] don’t understand this; but then they are probably just saying what Daddy Russia told them say.

2 Likes

said President Arrears.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Meanwhile back at the ranch…

One of the sources who has seen the intelligence confirmed that “it is, in fact, a highly concerning and destabilizing” Russian capability “that we were recently made aware of.” But House Speaker Mike Johnson later sought to soothe concerns about the unspecified threat, saying there is “no cause for alarm.”

“We just want to assure everyone steady hands are at the wheel,” Johnson said. “We’re working on it and there’s no need for alarm.”

I was worried when I first read this but if Johnson says we’re good than I’m not worried.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/politics/house-intel-chairman-serious-national-security-threat/index.html

Of course, Johnson’s own party is trying to ensure that there won’t be steady hands at the wheel, on any level of the government.

2 Likes

mickey-mouse-steamboat-willie

M-I-C, K-E-Y…

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.