Trump officially nominated as Republican presidential candidate

M’kay.

P.S. What kind of fuckwitted Ritchie Rich gives their child the same stoopid first name and also the initial (can’t be arsed if the J stands for jerk or Jizztrumpet or whatever in either or both) in their name? The fuck?

Even if he doesn’t win he has normalised a level of crazy which is going to be difficult to fix.

4 Likes

I have no idea what sentiment you’re trying to convey with that vague comment.

ETA:

Never mind. I don’t want to know.

1 Like

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.

And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.

And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and
thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. . .

And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Well we just had a campaign in the UK that was led by the same sort of over-privileged rich white people (predominantly men) running on a similar ticket of “take back your country” without any real idea of how this could be done (other than by leaving all the power with over-privileged white people.) But it sure sounds good on posters and the sides of buses.

We’re not just in the post-truth society, we’re in the post-fact society too. Because facts are, well, dull. Even the guy who bankrolled part of the Leave campaign has admitted that.

“It was taking an American-style media approach,” said (Arron) Banks. “What they said early on was ‘facts don’t work’ and that’s it. The remain campaign featured fact, fact, fact, fact, fact. It just doesn’t work. You have got to connect with people emotionally. It’s the Trump success.”

12 Likes

13 Likes

Remember the people who were predicting a Romney landslide? They don’t need no stinkin’ polls.

10 Likes

Huh. So thats what the Republican Party dying looks like.

4 Likes

I know far too many people who are planning on voting third party as a protest vote. So I think Trump has a chance to win in part because we have liberals who inexplicably don’t see him as the worst of the candidates.

3 Likes

End the party of racist theocracy! Bring on the party of corporate feudalism!

21 Likes

FWIW, My late dad’s name was Donald Stuart Petersen, and my parents named me Donald Scott Petersen specifically because, though they wanted to name me after my dad, they didn’t want me to be a Junior. I never quite figured out what they had against it, but oh well.

It’s only happy coincidence that I share the same stoopid first name with those Trumps, too. :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t recall who wrote/said this, but it was something like ‘Whenever you read or hear the phrase ‘the American people’ you can be sure that you’re dealing with a politician—or someone who’s been listening to their speeches for way too long’.

7 Likes

You heard it here first, folks. Before the year is out, there will be a coup attempt against Trump led by his own son.

They’re like the Plantagenets without the good taste.

11 Likes

I actually watched a little bit of that convention in Cleveland. I was trying to find people that weren’t white. I had a very difficult time finding any in the crowd. Huh? Wonder why?

2 Likes

It only counts if he’s thrown over the top rope and onto the floor. I fully expect the next Republican leadership contest to be held at the WWE Royal Rumble.

4 Likes

Oh, you mean the Koch Brothers’ Americans For Prosperity? Because it basically operates and acts like a third party–and has more funding than the Libertarian Party that David Koch tried to buy a few decades back.

4 Likes

It’s a “movement” all right…

6 Likes

[quote=“popobawa4u, post:18, topic:81803, full:true”]

[/quote]

We can close the thread now. Nothing left to say that this image hasn’t already.

14 Likes

It really was brilliantly apt.

7 Likes

4 Likes