Trump officially nominated as Republican presidential candidate

10 Likes

I read this in a context much different from alcohol.

6 Likes

I thought about that when typing it, and decided to leave it as is.

4 Likes

The Republican Party has now officially hit rock bottom thanks to corporate sponsor and dark money donors.

4 Likes

4 Likes

It’s all cool so long as the slug is a consenting adult.

3 Likes

20 Likes

I don’t make 'em, I just calls 'em

but yeah

1 Like

I think that avoiding the two inches of red tape that previous administrations have left for plausible deniability would find him in some Nixonesque shenanigans in short order.

Hillary will just drive through it like plows through soylent green

3 Likes

Dat’s a specially-Freedomized Mumm-Ra in the image of the OP, if anyone’s wondering.

…Dang, I barely recall a thing about Thundercats. Didn’t leave much of an impression on me as a tyke.

Sure, but now they’re getting out the blasting caps . . .

7 Likes

Join with us now, as we recite the Hillary Prayer:
Dear Lord, please don’t let her fuck up.

8 Likes

And make sure they vet all the speeches for plagiarism.

2 Likes

I have begun responding to that in a less than charitable fashion, initially agreeing with the sentiment that the real Americans need to take this country back, and pivoting it into a rant against the parasitical, traitorous red states.

Because, having been born and bred in one of the original 13 colonies, from a family who was already established in the 1600’s, fought in the revolution, produced a president (who earlier accepted those traitors’ surrender at Appomattox)…

So, which of your delegates signed the Declaration of Independence? Oh, you didn’t send one? YOU’RE WELCOME.
How many soldiers did your state send to fight in the revolution? Oh, you weren’t a state then? YOU’RE WELCOME.
When you broke off from England- Oh, that’s right- You didn’t. We BOUGHT your state from France. YOU’RE WELCOME- You can pay us back any time now.

9 Likes

That’s actually one of the major arguments for him over Hillary- That even the Republican leadership doesn’t like him, and there’s a very solid chance of Democrats capturing a good chunk of open seats in Congress.

Look at the kind of obstructionism the GOP has pulled the last 7 years, and imagine BOTH parties being united in that effort. The most likely prospect is that President Trump would be blocked from doing literally anything, right up until he was voted out of office or impeached.

Hillary, on the other hand, is likely to work with the Republicans to pass TPP, make sure we never get universal health care, authorize the next inevitable round of Wall St bailouts, and otherwise help the banks and military-industrial complex fuck us over for the next 4-8 years.

The end result is walking away from the next administration with a near universal motivation to not do that again, versus plastering over our continued decline with a false sense of security based on some hypothetical idea of how much worse things could have been.

And possible dementia.

4 Likes

Indeed. I find it hard to get behind a party led by a 60 year old stoner, just more idiocracy.

There are some positive outcomes of him winning- the right will make complete fools of themselves, nothing will get done. As long as he doesn’t get us annihilated, or booted off this planet by a vote of all the other countries, I think the American Left will survive just fine.

1 Like

If Trump does get in, I do expect a lot of traditionally American-friendly nations to start looking for alternative alliances. The US’s already-thin claim to “good guys” status will be conclusively shredded.

11 Likes

isn’t [citation] a bit needed?

Sorry Donald, your name and legacy are irreparably tarnished now…

2 Likes