Trump Org pressures Embassy of Kuwait to move event from Four Seasons to Trump’s D.C. hotel

So he’ll dismantle it.

SMALL GUBMINT!

1 Like

Government so small it can fit in Trump’s back pocket!

7 Likes

Or wherever he keeps his wallet!

5 Likes

That the first departments he dismantles will be those that might keep him in check will be pure coincidence!

7 Likes

But did you even contemplate the simple fact that with all the assignations going on in the world President Donald Trump would be a whole lot safer in a property he can control rather than in one he cannot. I mean not to say security is the reason, but did it even occur to you that it might be a factor?

Trump certainly likes his assignations…

Even assuming you meant assassinations I’m not sure what Trump’s choice in security arrangements has to do with naked attempts to bribe him.

Did you pick the wrong topic to trolley?

12 Likes

Are you saying that the Secret Service is inadequate?

14 Likes

Paging @jlw

Assassinations.

If you’re going to insult others, you first might want to make sure your own comments are completely error-free.

7 Likes

Trump Org.
Scientology Org.

Hmm, yeah. Maybe Trumpology can steal Tom Cruise and switch him to a T-meter?

1 Like

And I’ll look down and whisper, “No.”

This is a social sharing tool that we put into service today. I am also working with Rune independently of Boing Boing, as I’ve never seen a share this button that works before.

Early indications are that it is creating more social sharing for the site. This has been something we’ve been interested in for a long time, and have tried many widgets.

2 Likes

Apparently the hotel is (shock!) not very good:

You will be amazed to discover that

the décor (is) a little garish and more quantity over quality

11 Likes

I know I’ll get flack for this, and I don’t want to imply that it is OK for Trump. But how is this different from the Clinton’s money making schemes?

Where was the outrage when we were picking nominees?

It looks interesting. Feels like Microsoft tried to implement something similar in IE, but it didn’t take off because it wasn’t sleek and sexy like this Rune thing.

Or in his hand.

3 Likes

So the GSA is already telegraphing that they don’t intend to enforce their own agreement?

“GSA does not have a position that the lease provision requires the president-elect to divest of his financial interests,” a spokesperson for the agency wrote. "We can make no definitive statement at this time about what would constitute a breach of the agreement, and to do so now would be premature.

Or are they just trying to make their eventual takedown that much more delicious?

(I’m really hoping someone will actually stand up to the goblin.)

1 Like

Initial feedback: the Top Runes seem to be clickbaits. Not sure if that’s what you’re going for.

You’ve opened me eyes. Those are nearly identical situations that require no leaps in logic or hypotheticals to compare in any way, cannot be handled as distinct topics, and both are equally important issues as of 12/20/2016.

9 Likes

It wouldn’t shock me if he threw himself a pity party and resigned because he couldn’t run his businesses.

1 Like