Trump pledges detention camps, but Biden is "old"

So glad to see some push-back on the tired and shallow narrative of Biden’s age being a detriment to his capacity as a leader:

Ezra Klein has gone so far as to suggest in his latest podcasts that a replacement candidate be selected by electors at an open Democratic convention. Here is some well deserved criticism for his plan:

7 Likes

Tbf, the presidency in Italy (and most countries) is different in that it is a mostly ceremonial and legislative oversight position. The American president (much like the French one) is more like a combination of president and prime minister (which is a bad idea, if you ask me, but that is another discussion).

3 Likes

If you look at how much the presidency ages people, other than Il Douche, of course, since he really did fuck-all other than enrich himself, the level of stress involved is pretty evident. That said, there are healthy 80-year-olds who can run circles around me, and unhealthy ones who sit all day and don’t know their own names. Anyone can deteriorate, but I don’t see that in Biden at this point.

5 Likes

I saw an opinion somewhere, that when we vote for a president we’re really voting for the entire administration. Comparing the entire Biden administration to the one from TFG, hands down the Biden one is better. TFG was practically a revolving door of staff and almost universally, they all said bad things about TFG after they left.

Biden is old. That’s a basic fact. And then, so what. It’s all the implied things people are hinting at, or saying are results of him being old. Those are significantly more questionable and laced with lots of opinion and bias.

That Biden is old and has all the wisdom, experience, and statesmanship that comes with that sounds wonderful to me. I would even suggest that he’s a better politician now than he was before 2009.

6 Likes

And absolutely a more progressive one. That’s not a small issue for me!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.