Trump poked at the Lincoln Project and was immediately blowtorched to a cinder

Women aren’t property of men. Not even Republican women, many of whom are very much independent of men in the lives. So, it’s not a particularly funny joke, considering there is some very really oppression happening. And plenty of men who see themselves as progressive treat their women like possessions, too. It’s not a conservative only problem, and we do the cause of equality of huge disservice when we imagine that to be the case.

14 Likes

he is still worried about the character count on the twits

Sure, if that’s what you want to read into it, I was just suggestng that occasionally (Democrats/people who oppose the fascist tendencies of the republican party/people who hold their nose and vote for Biden), should be a little less forgiving. Certain groups of people don’t see forgiveness as generosity, or humanity, but weakness to exploit.

So, when I say men, I mean primarily white males, of the conservative bent. People protesting police brutality are terrorists, people who think women should control their own bodies are murderers, etc etc. The gloating comes when they use what ever advantage they have to bend rules, put the US back 50 years in terms of human rights, do a passable impression of European fascists, and so on.

Put them in jail, give them felonies, ensure they’ll never hold public office again, salt the earth of their careers. When I say the lamenting of their women, I just mean most of their wives wouldn’t enjoy watching them spend a few years in a federal penitentiary (not 100% sure about Melania).

Calling for vindictive and unsupported political prosecutions when Trump is trying to implement vindictive and unsupported political prosecutions of Biden, Obama and countless others just reinforces his right to do so.

We don’t want to live under regimes that can do this - regardless of what flag of convenience they fly - their policies being applied will always flow downstream.

Nicht wahr?

13 Likes

Poorly chosen archaic phrase is still poorly chosen.

11 Likes

This is the guy who gave us Sarah Palin, no? And Rick Wilson defenestrated Max Cleland — triple amputee Vietnam vet who headed the VA — for Saxby Chambliss in the Senate.

These people are not Dems, not progressive, not your friends at all. They hate Trump, as anyone would, but where were they 4 years ago when he was clearing the field, anointed by Murdoch? They were fine with him then and would be working for him now if he wasn’t wrecking the system they built. The wingnutosphere is deep, as you can see by how quickly they can find wackadoodle judges to continue their march to Gilead.

No, they weren’t bothered by him because the GOP goal is not about governing but about power — power to obstruct and dismantle anything since the 1950s, and all the way back to the New Deal if they can get there. Think of any policy of theirs that looks to the future. You’d probably end up with Nixon’s EPA and that’s 50 years back. And look what 45 and his enablers are doing there.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend…possibly a tool or strategic asset to be discarded later. As we tell people who get involved w married partners who claim “but we’re going to get married after they divorce…” — “You realize you’d be marrying someone who cheats, right?”

By all means, let them aim their considerable firepower at 45 but they have not joined our side: they have merely turned their coats inside out to hide their shame. They’ll be back on offense as soon as he is gone.

2 Likes

Read the room, or at least the thread.

No one here thinks the TLP is anything other than a useful tool to help achieve our mutual desired goal; getting rid of 45.

15 Likes

How about not let those people dictate your behavior. At the end of the day, people have to live with their own behavior and choices. Why make a choice that is outside your normal morality, because the other guy does it?

If they break the law and put others in danger, then yes. But this isn’t sticking it to them, it’s simply ensuring justice. That’s part of what a well-ordered, free society SHOULD do, not some random revenge for being jerks who have retrograde politics. The way to deal with those folks (who aren’t breaking the law, etc) is to organize against them politically.

7 Likes

Is he, though? I’m not sure what the Lincoln Project has actually done besides annoy Trump. Which may be amusing, but I’m not sure it’s a worthwhile end in itself.

Demoralizing his supporters and diverting funds from Republican donors & changing the coverage of Trump sound good to me.

9 Likes

Don’t forget tongue in cheek NYT crossword puzzle answer!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.