The Lincoln Project turns Trump's disastrous Fox interview into a Seinfeld parody

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/21/the-lincoln-project-turns-trum.html

8 Likes

Damn that was clever. Mocking Trump is a good tactic, there should be more of this.

9 Likes

That’s rather good. The laugh track is quite well done.

And it is pretty hilarious that trump can’t remember the last 5 questions that he says are so hard. (Which, on the test, ask what is the date, and where are you.)

10 Likes

“monomolecular skin”? I love it!

6 Likes

I’ve seen my Dad take this same sort of test as a way to track his mental health as Alzheimers progresses. It’s kindergarten-level stuff. The fact that Trump is bragging about it, and that he thinks Biden couldn’t pass it, is absurd and laughable to the point where it should be brought up every goddamn time anyone says anything positive about Trump. Don’t let them forget just how insecure, incompetent and utterly unfit to be President this ridiculous man is. He deserves mockery for the rest of his life and the rest of recorded history.

32 Likes

Holy hell, that was hilarious- and I think that might be the longest anyone has ever gotten to ask Trump to actually answer questions.

This seems almost surreal to say but the only reason that Donald Trump is still president is because he refuses to answer questions and everyone around him at every point enables this.

If this man were asked to answer questions directly in every instance he’s been asked them his utter unbelievable incompetence would be incredibly clear to anyone immediately and he would have lasted 5 minutes in office.

The only thing that is absolutely absurd about this presidency is the fact that this man holds the highest office in the world and people aren’t able to get him to answer questions it’s like he’s protected from answering to reality from even lawmakers directly and I have no idea how this actually happens!

23 Likes

20 Likes

So Trump is George, right?

I don’t think George should be trusted with much responsibility either.

5 Likes

More like Neuman, except not as coherent, and a lot more evil.

9 Likes

A presidency about nothing.

But himself.

26 Likes

His presentation of the MoCA as a challenging test is one of the only parts of his idiocy I can still find funny. The rest makes me range from terror to rage and back, but this one part…I can still laugh at this.

13 Likes

From the About page on the Lincoln Project website:
The founders of the Lincoln project have spent over 200 years electing Republicans.
So that makes them part of the problem, surely.
Republicans refusing to govern responsibly predates Trump.
The video was funny though.

9 Likes

I do have to hand it to Wallace for actually taking the same test as Trump so he could speak from personal experience about how easy the test was, including the question about being able to identify an elephant. Then when Trump said “the last five questions were very difficult” and Wallace countered with "one of them was ‘count backwards from 100 by 7s’, Trump just had this reaction like “yeah, exactly…”

17 Likes

The only thing that is absolutely absurd about this presidency is the fact that this man holds the highest office in the world and people aren’t able to get him to answer questions it’s like he’s protected from answering to reality from even lawmakers directly and I have no idea how this actually happens!

It’s his super power.

3 Likes

Yes and no. Republicans have only been staunchly anti- intellectual, racist, etc for a couple decades, so be being pro- republican isn’t on it’s own bad. BUT, remaining staunchly any party despite an obvious shift into extremism, as demonstrated by many republicans, very much is.

4 Likes

Maybe Trump is secretly a philosopher and got so hung up on these seemingly simple questions that they became challenging.

I mean, what the date? Well, that’s just like time, man. And what is time anyway? Is it like, date relative to age of the universe? Fuck, man. This is such a hard question.

And then the coup de grace of “where are you”. Like, where are we, really?

:exploding_head:

13 Likes

The southern strategy started in the 1960’s from what I gather.
That’s a long time to be racist.
The criminal Ronald Reagan was staunchly anti-intellectual 40 years ago.

14 Likes

Exactly. Their combined actions led to and enabled Trumpy. Glad they are trying to destroy him, but I don’t see them as heroes.

8 Likes

It makes their attacks on him illustrate the very thing that got him into office: he’s not part of their club.

6 Likes

If an arsonist happens to have a working firehose in their hand, they are welcome to help put the fire out. Justice can wait until we have the structure fire contained.

15 Likes