The Lincoln Project turns Trump's disastrous Fox interview into a Seinfeld parody

“One does not interfere when their enemy is making mistakes”
-Napoleon Bonaparte

14 Likes

I’d go Kramer. Wasn’t he oddly lucky in crazy money-making schemes, and known for racist rants on stage?

2 Likes

That was Michael Richards, not Cosmo Kramer.

3 Likes

I get what he meant, but you can’t break 4th wall fabric for comparison like that.

5 Likes

This president isn’t just anti-intellectual, he’s anti-intellect

5 Likes

In the actual interview, you can hear Wallace begin counting backwards, “Ninety-three.” :joy:

12 Likes

1984 or 2020? It is a hard question.

1 Like

7 has tripped him and his spawn up before (28 sec):

He deserves lock-up for the rest of his life.

9 Likes

A cry track would have been more fair and balanced.

1 Like

They should add a laugh track to all his “briefings” and move them to TNT, TBS or Nickelodeon.

3 Likes

Bizarro Super Power

1 Like

40 years, not a couple of decades. I’d argue that Reagan triggered the downfall of competent GOP policies

2 Likes

The fact that nearly all of these fuckwits lack the basic arithmetical ability to say

6 times 10 is 60
6 times 7 is 42
60 plus 42 is 102

is pretty shocking. When did they stop making kids learn their times tables, again?

Just randomly guessing rather than actually doing a simple calculation in one’s head, makes them look even stupider. All presidential candidates should sit a basic arithmetic test and pass or be disqualified from running. If you can’t do basic number handling, how the fuck will you ever manage all the numbers coming across your desk every day as President? Oh - we know the answer to that one, now, don’t we.

2 Likes

Why not both? Stocks or pillory on the back of a truck driven round all the state capitals sequentially. That might just be a fit punishment.

4 Likes

“I have watched pro-life members drive pro-choice members out of the party. I’ve watched white nationalists drive people of color out of the party,” [Mike] Madrid said. “Am I surprised by this? Not in the least bit. Am I going to stop fumigating the party of white nationalism? No. I’m just getting started.

Emphasis mine.

link

1 Like

Honestly it’s been too long since I memorised multiplication tables at school for me to know off the top of my head that 6 times 7 is 42. However, it’s easy to know 5 times 7 is 35 (i.e. 1/2 of 70) and adding 7 to that isn’t hard. So I still arrived at 102 before he even asked Ivanka after Mr. business school had stammered something about 90something.

2 Likes

I suspect I never really memorised them; or if I did, it quickly moved beyond that. It was more like rote learning that turned them into muscle memory - literally.

Anyone says “six sevens” and my brain has ‘made’ me think “42” in a fraction of a heartbeat. I didn’t even need to ‘think’ it, myself.

1 Like

This wouldn’t be easy for me, either. I can do math, as in I can figure out an appropriate formula and punch in numbers (usually with an assistance device) and give you an answer. But the actual arithmetic is something that I would stumble on. Anything learned by rote is something that I absolutely have a problem with.

As for the date or what day it is… are any of us actually sure of that right now? (They asked my mother this question and she grabbed her phone. Fortunately, the doctor merely paused before admitting that, yeah, he would probably have to do that too, and gave her points for knowing how to find the answer, versus knowing it. Which is how it should be. Assess ability to function, not knowledge. Spoiler, I couldn’t tell you today’s date without looking it up, either. Only reason I even know it’s a Wednesday is I had two team calls today, and that only happens Wednesdays).

2 Likes

For an oral exam, sure. But on paper? It doesn’t seem like the kind of arithmetic that most adults would spend a lot of time bragging about being able to work out given a pencil and a reasonable amount of time.

3 Likes