This Lincoln Project ad just keeps getting better

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/21/this-lincoln-project-ad-just-k.html

17 Likes

Very well done, and the “trick ending,” brilliant.

Trump’s speech may not have hit it out of the park yesterday (click through for video):

18 Likes

“Doesn’t he look . . . tired?”

trump_tired

39 Likes

wow, that’s quite a photo. that’s even better than the one of the lone MAGA-ite alone surrounded by empty blue seats in the auditorium.

16 Likes

Oddly-enough, he looks the most like a normal person in this picture than in any other I’ve seen. A horrible, melting, garbage person, but still…

33 Likes

It’s weirdly the most deceptively human portrait I’ve seen of Trump. He looks like a regular person coming home from a hard day of work rather than a complete s***stain coming home from a day of narcissistic failure, of lying and trying to make the world worse for everybody but himself, of whining to a crowd smaller than John Tesh got at the same location last year, and Tesh’s audience had to pay to get in.

34 Likes

The Lincoln Project did not make the ad, they just reposted it. As it notes in tiny print at the bottom, it was made by some outfit or person called “Fact”.

39 Likes

Okay, since we’re probably going to go through the ableism discussion again, something just occurred to me… aren’t the republicans the ones who want to defund and remove the ADA and other such “handouts” to the “weak americans?”

Yes, he’s absolutely right. There probably should be a handrail on that ramp, no matter what the degree of incline is, it just makes sense. BUT HE’S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He’s the leader of this country. He could call on congress tomorrow to strengthen ADA compliance laws and OHSA rules and he could order the military to install accessibility ramps and handrails, just like that.

He’s a victim of his own hubris.

35 Likes

It’s hard to fathom how any human being could think a speech like that would make them look like a strong, confident leader.

42 Likes

Rats, the comedian that does lip sync will have to pick something else from that speech to mock.

I’m sure there’s plenty of other material, though.

4 Likes

Its hard to think how any leader could wear cheap cheeto orange makeup and that hair and expect to be taken seriously, so also, here we are.

The guy’s a weak wet sack of crap and hot steaming garbage

14 Likes

Once again, the central issue here isn’t his ability or inability to descend a ramp. If he had left the whole ramp ordeal unremarked upon it never would have earned a bigger place in the public discussion than a few mocking tweets. If he actually ADMITTED his mobility was limited by age or health he might even get some public sympathy.

The central issue is his absolute inability to ignore any perceived attack on his physical or mental prowess, even though his rebuttals serve only to further highlight those deficiencies.

54 Likes

i want to live in the timeline where instead of running for president, Trump instead pursues his love of stand-up comedy. the ramp bit is hilarious and it’s because his rhythm and delivery are on-point. it’s a shame he largely uses those natural talents to be a fuck-brain.

16 Likes

Oh, I get it.

I’m just sayin, we’ve seen multiple stories on Boing Boing about the ramp, and almost none about the “I asked them to stop testing for COVID” comments or the firing of the attorney investigating Trumps friends in NY and their connections to Jeffrey Epstein, or a whole variety of other things.

I’m not pulling the “I’m disappointed in BoingBoing card”, because I’m not disappointed in BoingBoing. I just don’t get why we’re all on the Biden is cool train now.

4 Likes

Nice Doctor Who “Harriet Jones” reference.

25 Likes

71 Likes

I’ve been reading BoingBoing for 15 years and I finally made an account; I’m not sure why this is the post that made me do it, but here goes: The Lincoln Project did not create this video. At the end of the video, there’s an @ username which leads to this Twitter account.

39 Likes

“Put that covfefe down; covfefe is for closers!

38 Likes

He looks as if he sees the future.

15 Likes

I would like to see some videos of 2020 Biden in smooth athletic motion, btw, not just 2016 Biden. Just so we’re making an apples to apples comparison.

Bonus points if Baywatch-red swim trunks are involved.

10 Likes