This Lincoln Project ad just keeps getting better

I rarely say this, but I mean it- that is fucking genius on so many levels

7 Likes

Their comparative physical prowess isn’t the part that’s important.

Even if Biden had an equally difficult time descending a ramp, it’s hard to imagine him dedicating a series of angry tweets and an extended monologue at a rally to describing just how steep and scary the ramp was.

We can’t make an “apples to apples” comparison because Biden doesn’t have a track record of anti-ramp rhetoric to compare with Trump’s.

29 Likes

Which is perfect, since that’s an Alec Baldwin line…

14 Likes

Ouch.

1 Like

Indeed, though it was in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Right after posting, I realized I had conflated the two different works, but I left it because of Baldwin’s connection to 45.

17 Likes

14 Likes

You know, I usually find it really uncomfortable to watch people fail and self own. Even this guy, a dangerous jackass I’d like to see never in a position of power again. Rather read about a train wreck afterward than watch it happen.

That said, the slogan at the end of this literally had me laughing out loud.

And the thing is: He could have just shut up about the stupid ramp and no one would remember it in a week after his next performative callousness and cruelty. But the guy’s poor little ego is so fragile he could not let it go, just had to try and justify this one mildly awkward situation with a bunch of dramatic griping and bloviating. Well, you could not have picked a better caption to end that on.

14 Likes

Biden for president. At least he can navigate a ramp.

This is what passes for inspirational messaging these days. Sure, I’ll vote against the orange one, just dont ask me to like it!

6 Likes

To live in a world where such a sentence is even possible, let alone necessary, is …

I’m completely lost for words.

25 Likes

I have three that might help:

Dumbest. Timeline. Ever.

25 Likes

tenor

20 Likes

I immediately thought of the Marge Simpson’s portrait of Monty Burns.

4 Likes

Can we make it so that he has to go down a 4 degree incline to get out of bed? He’d still have his Tweets but it’d be a good start.

2 Likes

On the one hand: this is all ableist nonsense and we shouldn’t be mocking people for their infirmities.

On the other hand: he keeps bringing it up himself because he can’t stand that he looks weak and in poor health, thus ensuring people keep talking about it.

On the other other hand: he routinely mocks people who are weak or infirm and gins up health questions at the smallest physical slip they make. It’s fair to question him on the same topics he weaponizes against others.

On the other other other hand: I’m sooooo tired…

24 Likes

Is a weird hill to die on, but knowing how he feels about slight inclines, it kind of makes sense that he wouldn’t try to climb down.

15 Likes

Again: it’s not about his physical infirmities. It’s his complete inability to acknowledge them, or in fact any weakness at all, to the point where he falsifies medical records and comes up with elaborate delusions to try to explain them away. Also, that he’s a bully who mocks others for their infirmities, even when they’re the same as his (or don’t even exist, but he projects his own onto them). In other words, it’s his personality pathologies that are being mocked here.

I literally saw a Trump supporter on Twitter triumphantly trumpeting about how Trump drank a glass of water with one hand in Tulsa, concluding, “Best President Ever!” There may have been some other thought connecting the two statements, but if so, they left it out.

27 Likes

To be fair, that ain’t a 3 degree ramp, I measure it at 12 degrees. Still…

13 Likes

Wait… I can smoothly and strongly drink iced tea from a big steel vacuum tumbler equally well with either hand… Does this mean that I would be a better president?

heh heh… Is it too late to start a campaign as a third party candidate with a “nothing special, just a relatively sane adult with no scandalous baggage” platform?

15 Likes

Yup. If he had not said anything about the ramp, or had tweeted something along the lines of his knees hurting that day, it would be a non-issue. It’s only an issue because Trump made it an issue, because of his narcissistic inability to let anything go, ever.

18 Likes

Are we? I thought we’re on the Biden is better than Trump train.

29 Likes