This Lincoln Project ad just keeps getting better

I’m aghast - I’d not seen the footage yet and assumed this was Deep Fake. I just can’t envisage how, even in Trump’s head this was a good thing to talk about that for 11 minutes. Also, looking at the youtube of the actual speech, note the weird way when he drinks water this time, he has his little finger under the glass…

10 Likes

There’s lots of room inside the Big Hydration Tent! Sit down and sip with a diverse coalition of well-hydrated, highly dexterous water enthusiasts!

17 Likes

When you’re getting trolled by The Wiggles it’s probably time to reassess your life choices.

24 Likes

I think the “not a whiny bitch” part is solid, and I get why they’re focusing on the realm of pre-K personal insults, since that clearly connects with the sort of person who voted for Turmp in the past.

But!

There are any number of instances of Turmp being a whiny bitch about actual things that matter, and I think that would have worked too, without sucking Biden into the “who is more of a doddery old man” battle. Which makes me really nervous, because either one of them could fall and break a hip in the next few months, and it feels like tempting fate to pin the election on the outcome of that dice roll.

Though, if the candidate had been Elizabeth Warren (sigh), then it would be a risk worth taking, just because it would be so delicious to force Turmp to see himself looking like a low-energy senile weakling loser compared to a woman his own age.

11 Likes

That hesitancy going down a ramp is just as likely to be from the lifts in his shoes as from any physical infirmity. He wouldn’t admit to either. But from years of wearing high heels in the past, I know that feeling.

18 Likes

Great, now I’m picturing a remake of the Magnum P.I. Intro sequence as the next Biden campaign ad. Figuring out who would fill the roles of Rick, T.C. and Higgins became our breakfast game.

2 Likes

Hah.
A+ wordplay.

Yep. Darth Chee-To is quite prone to the Streisand Effect.

Harvey Kurtzman had his number, back in the late 40s:

HeyLook-slipped

(Click to see it larger at my flickr page. No rights owned. For educational, satirical, or prevention of disease purposes only.)

6 Likes

Missed all the “Biden is a progressive” screeds lately, eh?

GODDAMMIT PEOPLE!!! Please do not make me have to sign into twitter for content. I’m begging you!

1 Like

To be fair, they gave a fantastic show when I saw them over a dozen years ago, which their cheap-ass TV series did not prepare me for. It was all them and their backup characters (Cap’n Feathersword, Professor Singalottasonga, and ones in costumes), involving the audience, bringing kids up on stage, coming down off the stage. Absolutely not college kids lip-synching in big-head suits. They really earned their money the times I saw them.

A general note on some concerns: This is like Mr. Magoo–the joke isn’t that he’s blind, it’s how his absolute conviction that he’s right and everyone else is wrong brings disaster to all those around him, but somehow not him. Perhaps that’s not enough. I mention it, anyway.

8 Likes

And so I said, “General, I’ll only grab you by your medals if I need you.”

1 Like

Some of us don’t have the liberty of not being directly targeted by the hatred of Trump and his followers. There is a big difference between “Biden is cool” and “Biden is shit, but he’s considerably less shit than Trump, not a fascist, and the only realistic option to get rid of Trump”.

The temporary alliance ends on November 4th.

28 Likes

Maybe you can point me to some of those, because I didn’t see any of that on boingboing.

But to be fair: to a nation dumb enough to vote Trump into office, Biden probably is progressive.

4 Likes

I thought it was a Deep Fake, too! I hadn’t seen video of the actual speech. Here it is, for anyone else who hasn’t seen it. Should be cued to where he starts talking about the ramp, at 54:35. And then, holy buckets, he really does go on about it for 10+ minutes.

3 Likes

Yes.

Among all the other reasons he’s despicable, he’s an ableist hypocrite who takes great delight in mocking others for their (often imagined) physical infirmities.

He’s also been spreading public lies since before he was elected about his (entirely notional) health and vigor.

He’s further engaged in a project to undermine the public health response to a disease that has killed 120,000+ Americans and left many others physically disabled themselves–and he denies any responsibility for organizing any kind of effort to prevent more deaths and more disability.

But most importantly, he’s a thin-skinned, whiny little diaper-baby, and mocking his obvious physical infirmities makes him go crazy and do stuff like go on an extended self-own rant to a tiny little audience of the peabrained Fox News masturbators who continue to gargle and savor his every drop of rancid-hamberder-scented spittle.

In short, there’s no need to be “better than” mocking Trump’s ancient, wheezing, morbidly obese, short-fingered, atrophying suet-tub of a body.

Donald Trump is cancer. There is no need to be civil to cancer.

13 Likes

Came for the slippery slope arguments. Was not disappointed.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. That ramp isn’t 3 degrees. He might have been better off to jog down the ramp and let his momentum get him down quickly. Then again, he’s an obese senior citizen, so that would be asking a lot.

Did you do that? I want to know who to credit.

3 Likes