This Lincoln Project ad just keeps getting better

I call it the Biden Seems Less Likely To Order Me Killed Because Of How I Was Born Train. Not as catchy, I concede, and doesn’t really fit on the ticket stub.

20 Likes

I never mentioned BoingBoing, of course. But it’s a common tactic; try visiting Salon sometime, for example.

This shouldn’t surprise anyone; remember the desperate attempts to paint HRC as a “progressive” in 2016, after months of ignoring and/or ridiculing said progressives? Yeah, no.

is that weird,i do that sometimes…especially if it is a cold drink on a hot day. It helps prevent the glass from slipping down and out of your hand due to condensation…but if it’s weird and trump does it, please let me know and i will stop doing it :wink:

3 Likes

If it helps you then don’t stop.

The suspicion is that Trump is trying to stop the glass from slipping out of his hand for other, health related, reasons. It’s not that Trump is doing it, it’s that he won’t admit to why he is doing it because he will look weak.

9 Likes

it’s definitely out of compliance. maximum allowable rise is ~8 degrees, and it definitely should have had a handrail:
https://www.ada-compliance.com/ada-compliance/ada-ramp

5 Likes

No, and I don’t know who made it. Just another bit of random online flotsam.

4 Likes

Too bad Republicans don’t believe in safety standards of any kind… :-/

6 Likes

I’m astounded… that he spoke with good enough grammar to even evaluate the ridiculousness of what he was saying.

2 Likes

9 Likes

I think the current hypothesis is that he does much of his tweeting during his morning constitutional. So I propose the 4 degree incline be placed outside the door of the room that contains his favorite gold-plated toilet.

3 Likes

or this?

9 Likes

Looking at that posture, I think he’d prefer it.

5 Likes

Heh.

“I’ll only grab you if I need to.”

(subtitle “does not refer to p*ssy.”)

I disagree. He’s a symptom of the cancer, but him going away isn’t going to cure the cancer. The cancer in our country runs far deeper than one racist old man.

I enjoyed the video and will add that I also thought it was a deep fake since I didn’t watch the rally video – and avoid hearing him talk as much as I can – and was thinking, “They are getting FAR too good at this,” before realizing that yes, he is talking about himself like that. And he thinks it makes him look good. Incredible.

9 Likes

It’s still unclear to me - assuming there was no missing sentiment in between the two statements that would have caused it to make some sense - if it was the ability to drink one handed that was so laudable, or it was the fact that he was bringing up the issue at all. Like, somehow, ostentatiously drinking with one hand was itself some sort of mockery of those who mocked him, that one-handed quaffing was “owning the libs.”

I try not to get into these people’s heads too hard, as I fear I’ll end up with brain damage when I come out the other side.

5 Likes

10 Likes

I’m on the train called, “they"re both awful, but one is significantly worse than the other.”

1 Like

I’d say it’s not so much “Biden is cool now!” train, rather than “Biden’s an experienced politician who has shown himself to be sane, has recognizable morals, and a pretty progressive policy agenda!” train.

You don’t have to agree with him on everything, and you’re free to want more than he’s offering at the moment, but let’s not slip into thinking he’s merely marginally better than Trump.

5 Likes

e35

12 Likes

I am not at all thrilled that Bye-Don is the Dem candidate, but I’ll still vote for him to keep shit from getting even worse than it already is.

Again, I hope he picks a damn good running mate.

12 Likes