The Lincoln Project turns Trump's disastrous Fox interview into a Seinfeld parody

I’m like that with some multiplications but not all. Especially the ones I could never remember, and that I consequently studied extra hard, are indelibly burned into my brain. Ask me what 7 times 8 is and I will immediately answer 56. It’s not even the number that’s etched into my brain but the actual sentence I used all those years ago staring at the tables. I will “hear” siebenmalachtissechsundfuffzich (obviously the sentence is in German).

It’s the same with certain Latin declensions I had to learn by heart and which I will never forget because they are stuck in my brain as a sort of sped up poem with a very specific rhythm.

res
rei
rei
rem
re

res
rerum
rebus
res
rebus

2 Likes

Ah - Latin. Well, there, for me, it was hard learning and never became rote muscle memory. I’ve forgotten nearly all of it beyond amo, amas, amat

I had a very old-school Latin teacher who believed in rote learning and discipline. Most people hated him but it so happens that this was the learning style that worked for me for that particular language.

2 Likes

Humor is the best weapon!

2020 is the idiot version of 1984.

Mules, elephants, I don’t care. I’m not laughing. I am aghast…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.