The Lincoln Project claims Trump is senile

Originally published at: The Lincoln Project claims Trump is senile | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Unfortunately for the rest of us; his supporters are largely thrilled by his hostility, paranoia, and questionable factual grounding; so the things that make him dangerous are likely to be among the last that senility strips him of.

He definitely doesn’t show the same level of verbal facility today that he did in older tape; but it’s not like anyone was voting for his warmth and incisive intellect; so it’s not clear that they’ll mind much.

17 Likes

They’re not wrong. The way Trump speaks and acts reminds me very much of my father when he was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s (with the difference that my father is less orange and bloated, and also a sweet loving person rather than a fascist, narcissistic monstrosity). If he’s not senile, it’s an incredible simulation of the real thing.

12 Likes

But, but… Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV!

9 Likes

Pretty good effort from the LP but I still wonder if giving people a chance to compare and contrast might help.

3 Likes

Pretty good editing there.

Also shows how much they’re hammering at their viewers about Biden’s age. I wonder if any of those viewers ever stop and think, But wait a minute, Trump is only 3 years younger!

9 Likes

One has to remember these are the same people who insisted Obama didn’t have enough experience in government to be President only to choose the first major party nominee in history who had no experience in public service whatsoever.

20 Likes

I think our vague pronoun usage needs clarifying.

I should’ve said that I meant the Fox News twits.

Sounds like you mean Republicans? Or maybe the Lincoln Project folks?

2 Likes

IIRC the Fox News twits were at least as big a part of the “Obama is too inexperienced to be President!” narrative as any of the Republicans. Shameless hypocrites all.

7 Likes

Family Matters 90S Tv GIF

6 Likes

He still sounds like an asshole. Maybe more comprehensible, but still reprehensible.

2 Likes

“Lincoln Project Points Out That Trump is Senile.”
There, fixed it for you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.