Trump rallies: demented, dangerous, and off-the-rails

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/trump-rallies-demented-dangerous-and-off-the-rails.html

7 Likes

GOP Faschism Over Democracy

16 Likes

Yes, but Joe Biden is old.

I’ve become so skeptical. I don’t think it would change anything. If anything, media and supporters would dig in their heels. There would be howls of, “did you see what he was wearing?” And, “why can’t they leave us alone to have our safe spaces at our rallies?”
I’m not giving up, by any means, but I’ve somewhat given up on convincing the fascists to change. We need to put our efforts elsewhere.

6 Likes

You don’t have to imagine. Read

“A black protester at Trump’s rally today in Alabama was shoved, tackled, punched & kicked.” This took place in Birmingham in 2015. Granted he was, apparently, interrupting the rally, but nothing changed, so I think “No” is the answer to your proposed scenario. But you can view the CNN video linked, and see for yourself.

1 Like

Those who are paying attention are appalled by those who aren’t paying attention. It seems like the idea of American politics as being a choice between Coke and Pepsi is so engrained in the American psyche that people haven’t noticed Coke has been replaced by carbonated cyanide. People are still saying, ‘Yeah, but I’m tired of Pepsi.’

10 Likes

Americans today are no wiser than the Europeans who saw democracy yield to fascism, Nazism or Communism in the twentieth century.

Considerably less wise, I’d say. We have those examples to look to, still in living memory, and yet…

If Trump wins, this is destined to be the new “But her emails!” meme of 2025.

3 Likes

As I like to repeat at the slightest opportunity…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.