Trump repeats claim that impeaching him will lead to civil war

It should read “our Fathers & Mothers”, but you gotta take what you can find in this World…

37 Likes

Yes, and they perfectly deserve to be voted out of office next time they come up for election. This way they can retire to the private sector in peace and not be hauled off to jail as they should rightly be.

6 Likes

They can have Wyoming then… Or maybe Idaho since they seem to have a foothold there already.

5 Likes

This is sound and fury, signifying nothing. His supporters will wear hats all day, and like his Twitter posts, but actually fighting for Dear Leader? Ha! Anyone frightened enough to stockpile guns is too chickenshit to ever use them to do anything but plink at beer cans.

7 Likes

Like the Bundys at Malheur it’s only satisfying for them if they can steal and exploit federal land in the process.

10 Likes

I don’t expect shooting. I expect bombs dropped off into garbage cans in urban areas, malls, etc. I expect something akin to The Troubles.

12 Likes

“Be a shame if something happened to this great country of yours…”

ETA: Really, can you imagine the meltdown he would have if he got impeached and his supporters failed to even Riot? I’d be glued to twitter for a week.

14 Likes

Can we please give them the Virginias, Dakotas, and most of the Gulf coast, too?

1 Like

As a whole? Definitely. But what happens if just 5% of his base views this as a civil war and does something ill-advised? That’s still thousands of nut-balls with tens of thousands of weapons.

A few violent incidents could snowball into a few dozen, and anybody who tells you they know what would happen next is lying.

4 Likes

No. How about we don’t assume that the people there who are not on board with white supremacy are expendable.

22 Likes

Touche. I sometimes forget that this country is more purple than blue Vs. red.

I guess living in a “blue” state tints my goggles sometimes and I forget that just because the majority of a state are keen on white supremacy, it doesn’t mean that they all are.

Edit: Oh, and WTF KY? I’m having a real problem being sympathetic to that particular state for one particular reason.

9 Likes

And lets face it with Stochastic Terrorist shooing nearly every week … we are fucking there already.

14 Likes

As DeNiro says, “Fuck Trump.” Seriously, to hell with him. If he does any such thing, he will be Khadaffi’ed in the back of a truck.

1 Like

I wonder most about how police departments would respond, whether there would be any brother-against-brother split within the ranks. Probably not, unfortunately, their blood runs pretty MAGA I’d suspect. It might Shake out federal vs. local. Damn what a fucking mess for what? This fucking clown?!

Some shitty, privileged, basted-in-hollywood-bullshit part of me wants to say that at least this would bring the simmer to head, but the other part of me is mature enough to know that’s bullshit. We lost reconstruction once, we can do it again…

3 Likes

I think the reality would be those of us in blue parts of red states being major targets. We should work on strengthening opposition to the GOP in red states. I’ve been proud of the work Stacy Abrams has been doing here in GA. We got to get those democratic voters out and give them a reason to support the democratic party, and make it more responsive in general. It’s the one party we can probably effective break away from the corporations and we should work for that.

23 Likes

Very well put. Grew up in FL, and man do I wish I could transfer my MA vote down there.

7 Likes

But that was all a ploy to get tons of dildos mailed to them. They resold them on eBay for yuuuuge profits!

8 Likes

Well, except towards brown, trans, queer people. But that’s already happening too, and it will die down faster with this lot out.

11 Likes

You have absolutely nailed the keyboard cowboys in the Breitbart comments section.

8 Likes

So a very civil civil war then.

6 Likes